Q. My husband's D-dimer is 1. 2 mg/L on the eleventh day of COVID. Will there be thrombotic complications?

Dr. Satyajit Jalinder Pawar

My husband's D-dimer is 1.2 mg/L on the eleventh day of COVID infection. His CRP level is 0.46 mg. he is 39 years old. His weight is between 95 to 100 kg, and his height is 5'5. Please let me know if there is any test that can predict that thrombosis has stopped working. Is this level of D-dimer alarming? Please help.

#

I would like to know and assess the general condition and health of your husband. Day six to day thirteen of COVID are most important as during these days, the chance of complications is highest. His CRP (C-reactive protein) and D-dimer are well below the alarming range. He is young but slightly obese as per your history, which increases the risk of thrombotic complications.

I would suggest you follow the following steps

1) Home isolation till day fourteen.

2) If possible, attach a copy of the reports here to have a look.

3) Does he have any other combined illnesses?

4) If yes, then I would advise him to start on antiplatelet to reduce the risk of thrombotic complications.

Stay home, stay safe. Please get back for further queries.

|