Q. Why has my buttocks turned black after itching?

Dr. Chaitra. P

I have a skin problem on my buttocks since 4 years. Due to this severe itching sensation was there and also my skin on the buttocks became black. Please help me to get rid of this disease and get back my original color of skin. Kindly suggest me some medicine. Thank you.

#

I have gone through the details (attachments removed to protect patient identity) provided by you.

You seem to have a fungal infection of skin called tinea cruris. It is commonly called as ringworm.

Due to inappropriate treatment it might have spread extensively.

• You could use Sertacide (Sertaconazole) cream twice daily for at least a month. You can take Cetirizine tablet to control itching.
  • You also require oral tablets like Terbinafine or Azoles as the infection is widespread. Kindly see your dermatologist for proper physical evaluation and prescription.
  • Alongside, keeping the area clean and dry by use of a sweat absorbing talc helps healing faster.
  • As it can spread to others by contact, it is advisable to treat others whom you live with if they have it too.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Can I use Maxoderm cream instead of Sertacide?

#

• Maxoderm is a combination cream which may not be appropriate.
  • Sertacide or Onabet (Sertaconazole) are purely antifungals and so are preferred.

|