Q. Why do I have left-sided tinnitus?

Dr. Vivek Chail
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 22, 2021 and last reviewed on: Apr 27, 2021

I have had left-sided tinnitus. I have severe health anxiety, and I cannot wait 7 days until my doctor looks these over. I have attached the reports. The main areas are tinnitus and pituitary. Do you see anything weird?

#

I hope you are not in much discomfort (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). Please find a review of the MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) brain scan images. MRI brain contrast protocol includes multiplanar and multi-voxel sequences with a history of left side tinnitus. There is no intracranial space-occupying lesion. There is no abnormal enhancement in the post-contrast images. The pituitary gland is normal in size and is measuring 8 x 11 x 5 mm. There is no obvious lesion in the pituitary gland. The cerebral parenchyma bilaterally appears normal, with no evidence of microvascular changes, infarction, or hemorrhage. The cerebral ventricles are normal. The basal ganglia, internal capsule, corpus callosum, and thalamus appear normal. The brain stem and cerebellum appear normal with no focal abnormality. The basal cisterns are normal. The interhemispheric fissure is centered in the midline. The cerebellopontine angles bilaterally appear normal. Sella and pituitary are normal. Parasellar structures are unremarkable. The orbital structures appear normal. There are no abnormalities in the calvarium. Cranio-vertebral and cervical-medullary junctions are normal. There is no significant neuroparenchymal abnormality and needs a clinical correlation.

So you do not see any acoustic neuroma?

#

I can assure you that there is no acoustic neuroma-like structure in the visualized post-contrast MRI brain scan.

|