Q. I have sensitivity in my molars while having cold water. Why?

Dr. Ummah Mohammad
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Oct 01, 2019

My molars are suddenly sensitive to cold water only. Should I concern about it?

#

It does call for concern no doubt, but you need to be careful now with that tooth at least. Sensitivity means your tooth's outer layer has been eroded, so you need to take care of a few things,

1. Do not over brush that tooth or tooth in that area.

2. Avoid taking very hot and very cold food as they may cause shock to the tooth.

3. Do warm water and salt rinse three to four times a day.

4. Must clean your mouth with fingers properly after every meal.

5. If you have any gastritis or stomach related issues, solve it sooner.

6. Do not overthink. It is no big deal. Do revert for more queries. Do follow-up after four to five days.

Periodontitis

Article Overview: It is one of the most common oral conditions that affect the supporting structures of teeth (periodontium) along with gums, including both soft and hard tissues (bone). They can show many symptoms but the common one for which patient seeks professional help is mobile teeth.  Read Article

Periodontitis Overview It is one of the most common oral conditions that affect the supporting structures of teeth (periodontium) along with gums, including both soft and hard tissues (bone). They can show many symptoms but the common one for which patient seeks professional help is mobile teeth. ...  Read Article

I have swollen gums with sharp pain while eating or drinking. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, My tooth hurts anytime I eat or drink. It feels hot. I feel hot, it is sharp pain that does not go away. My gums are swollen.  Read Full »

Can gum be brought back to its original position after recession?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 21 years old. I have a tongue side gum recession in lower front six teeth. I am feeling sensitivity and my teeth are slightly mobile. I have gum receding near about 6 mm. Can gum be again gained to its original position? What should I do?  Read Full »