Q. My TSH level is high and vitamin D level is low. How can it be managed?

Dr. Divakara P

I have thyroid problems for the past five to six years. At present, I am taking tablet Thyronorm 25 mcg. For the past one month, I have low energy levels along with stiffness and pain in the muscles, especially in the upper back and neck. So I got my blood tested for vitamin D and thyroid profile. The results are attached. TSH is out of range, and vitamin D seems to be very low.

#

I went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I have noticed that your TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) level is very high. It indicates that your thyroid hormones levels are not in the sufficient range. Hence, we need to increase the dose of Thyronorm. I recommend you to take tablet Thyronorm 50 mcg (Thyroxine) every morning in the empty stomach daily. Also, your vitamin D levels are also low. I recommend you to start taking Vitamin D supplements. Take capsule D-Rise 60K (Vitamin D3) one tablet weekly once for three months. Once your thyroid and vitamin levels get normalized, your low energy levels and muscle stiffness will get relieved. Repeat TSH after two months.

For more information consult an endocrinologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist

|