Q. How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 11, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 06, 2021

My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduced in the past two years, but, it started again now. She is having white sticky stools and pain in the left lower abdomen. She is also facing trouble with passing urine. She consulted a local doctor and used the medicines of urinary tract infection. Since then, the condition got worse. She is taking Pre pro, Traxol 200 mg, Menopace, EstroG, Spasmodart and Rantac D. Please help.

#

• The white sticky bowel movements have many reasons, but on considering the medical history of your mother, it is most probably due to severe inflammation of the intestine.
  • Go back to the doctor to switch to another antibiotic based on the results of urine analysis. She may also need a probiotic to reduce antibiotic-related diarrhea.
  • She should avoid large meals and stick to a healthy diet. Ask her to avoid coffee and carbonated beverages.
  • She should continue her colon ulcer medications.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Thank you doctor.

#

You are most welcome. Do get back for any doubts without hesitation.

For further doubts consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|