Q. How can one get motivated to study?

Dr. Aditya Gupta
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 27, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 12, 2020

I am 18 years old male. There is not a single day when I sleep happily. And the reason is that I am not able to study. It is not that the syllabus is too tough for me. It is just that I do not sit too long and for that matter, I do not sit to study at all. I know the consequences. This semester is important for me. If I perform badly in this, my parents will kick me and throw me out of the house. I need to study well to get a good branch. Just the thought of not studying is making me lose my life. I am feeling completely frustrated and am with no hope. I also get suicidal thoughts. So, I thought of consulting someone. If I start studying, I will do miracles. But, I get deviated easily. I feel like I love buying troubles by not studying. Please guide me on how to be motivated to study regularly. Just one act of not studying is making me lose my happiness. And, I often get headaches too due to irregular sleeping habits, may be. Please help me.

#

First of all, I would like to mention that studying, though important, is just one of the many parts of life. Do not lose confidence or be so harsh on yourself. Study smart and not more. Study in small shifts of half an hour followed by a rest of five minutes. Set small feasible targets and try to achieve them. Praise yourself if they are achieved and if not, do not worry. Also, keep one hour daily for your hobbies to vent out daily stress.Remember every problem has a solution. You just need to try solving it and help is just a step away.

For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|