Q. Please help with my headache, lower back pain and knee pain.

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 04, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 15, 2020

Two months ago, I started experiencing very bad lower back pain followed with knee pain. Initially, I felt the pain only when I walk, but now I feel it all the time. Three days ago, my stomach hurt so bad that I had to go home early. The same night, I got an excruciating headache. I went to bed by 8 PM and I woke up in the middle of the night with hot flashes. The headache came back the next morning and I am feeling it till now. I have tried Ibuprofen, Advil and Tylenol, but nothing worked. I have been very dizzy and fatigue followed by nausea. My menstrual blood is also black. My friend died of ovarian cancer and I thought this might be related. Please clarify.

#

• It seems like you have been overstressed and have taken your friend's incident too seriously.
  • However, if you are sexually active, then get a urine pregnancy test done with early morning urine sample.
  • Abdominal pain could be because of hormonal changes and that is why you have not yet got your periods. Backache and knee pain could be mainly because of calcium deficiency.
  • Please get yourself checked by a gynecologist. Also, get a pelvic scan done and complete blood count and thyroid profile done.
  • Take plenty of fluids, vegetables, fruits, iron-rich diet and adequate rest.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|