Q. I have penile discomfort and tingling two weeks after unprotected oral sex. Why?

Answered by
Dr. Ankush Jairath
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 16, 2020

Hi doctor,

I think I have some urethritis. I have penile discomfort and a tingling or shivering sensation running down the underside of my penis. It started around two weeks after receiving unprotected oral sex (only). I have been tested twice, two weeks after the symptoms began, and four weeks after symptoms began. All clear for the four STIs and Mycoplasma G. A course of Doxycycline did not affect, and a course of Azithromycin did make the symptoms disappear, but they returned a few days later. I then tried Uralix. And this made the symptoms disappear overnight, but a week after they are back. What is the cause, and what can I do next? Could it be serious?




Welcome to icliniq.com.

This can be urethritis, as you mentioned, or can be prostatitis. It needs prolonged antibiotic therapy to prevent relapse.

I recommend the following regimen:

  • Tablet Septra DS (Sulfamethoxazole and Trimethoprim) twice a week for four weeks, followed by once a day for one month (to be taken at bed time).
  • Tablet Chymoral forte (Trypsin and Chymotrypsin) twice daily for ten days.
  • Syrup Citralka (Disodium hydrogen Citrate) 10 ml trice daily for two weeks.
  • Sitz bath twice a day for 15 minutes morning and evening for one month.

I think it will get settled after this regimen. Feel free to ask anything else you want.


Thank you, doctor, for your reply.

Hopefully, this works.



Welcome back to icliniq.com.

I am afraid due to the rules of telemedicine, I cannot write a formal prescription as it is not valid, but what other patients do is get this prescription written from a local general practitioner. I am quite hopeful that this regimen will work for you.


Was this answer helpful?


Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

What to take for pain when urinating after sex?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a girl, age 20. I had sex four days before, but from that date, I am continuously feeling pain during urination and getting urine out very frequently. Please tell me if that is a serious issue. How to get out of this pain?  Read Full »

What is the possibility of simple partial seizure with normal brain MRI?

Query: Hello doctor, I think I am having simple partial seizures. I get a very weird sensation in my left trap like tingling, rising feeling in the abdomen, feeling of extreme fear, weird smells, deja vu at times, and weakness. Does this sound like a partial seizure to you? I have been told for three yea...  Read Full »

Can STD spread through oral sex?

Query: Hi doctor, Four days ago, I had oral sex with a lady, who I already know. Though no intercourse happened, I am worried about STDs. Please suggest if I have to undergo any test. I am very tensed for this and I want to clear my mind. I do not have any problem except stress. Also, please explain where ...  Read Full »

Also Read

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Urologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.