Q. I have penile discomfort and tingling two weeks after unprotected oral sex. Why?

Dr. Ankush Jairath
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J

I think I have some urethritis. I have penile discomfort and a tingling or shivering sensation running down the underside of my penis. It started around two weeks after receiving unprotected oral sex (only). I have been tested twice, two weeks after the symptoms began, and four weeks after symptoms began. All clear for the four STIs and Mycoplasma G. A course of Doxycycline did not affect, and a course of Azithromycin did make the symptoms disappear, but they returned a few days later. I then tried Uralix. And this made the symptoms disappear overnight, but a week after they are back. What is the cause, and what can I do next? Could it be serious?

Thanks.

#

This can be urethritis, as you mentioned, or can be prostatitis. It needs prolonged antibiotic therapy to prevent relapse.

I recommend the following regimen:

• Tablet Septra DS (Sulfamethoxazole and Trimethoprim) twice a week for four weeks, followed by once a day for one month (to be taken at bed time).
  • Tablet Chymoral forte (Trypsin and Chymotrypsin) twice daily for ten days.
  • Syrup Citralka (Disodium hydrogen Citrate) 10 ml trice daily for two weeks.
  • Sitz bath twice a day for 15 minutes morning and evening for one month.

I think it will get settled after this regimen. Feel free to ask anything else you want.

Thanks.

Thank you, doctor, for your reply.

Hopefully, this works.

#

I am afraid due to the rules of telemedicine, I cannot write a formal prescription as it is not valid, but what other patients do is get this prescription written from a local general practitioner. I am quite hopeful that this regimen will work for you.

Thanks.

| 

What to take for pain when urinating after sex?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a girl, age 20. I had sex four days before, but from that date, I am continuously feeling pain during urination and getting urine out very frequently. Please tell me if that is a serious issue. How to get out of this pain?  Read Full »

What is the possibility of simple partial seizure with normal brain MRI?

Query: Hello doctor, I think I am having simple partial seizures. I get a very weird sensation in my left trap like tingling, rising feeling in the abdomen, feeling of extreme fear, weird smells, deja vu at times, and weakness. Does this sound like a partial seizure to you? I have been told for three yea...  Read Full »

Can STD spread through oral sex?

Query: Hi doctor, Four days ago, I had oral sex with a lady, who I already know. Though no intercourse happened, I am worried about STDs. Please suggest if I have to undergo any test. I am very tensed for this and I want to clear my mind. I do not have any problem except stress. Also, please explain where ...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»