Q. I get sudden rashes in body and neck at least once in a week. Why?

Dr. Subhash Kashyap

I am a 25-year-old male. My weight is 82 kg. I have sudden rashes on my body and back of the neck. I get this at least once in a week. Please help.

#

You are suffering from urticaria. Since you have not mentioned the duration to say it is acute or chronic. It is of two types exogenous and endogenous. If you can pinpoint any cause like eatable or after wearing some clothes or any contact it is exogenous you have to avoid that. In endogenous it is due to internal factors in your body which you cannot change. But it is sometimes assiociated with some other diseases.

So I would advise you about some investigations.

1. Complete hemogram.

2. Thyroid function tests.

3. IgG levels for follow up.

Treatment: tablet Bilastine.

| 

Yes, I get these rashes on my body and lips swelling after having food. I just could not figure out which food makes me allergic.

#

Rashes can be caused by virtually anything from good additives to vegetables or spices. Try figuring out by deleting one item by one. It is sometimes difficult as some agents which cause you allergy are in multiple foods but try figuring out. Though sometimes it is even difficult to avoid food. Meantime start Bilastine. In most patients, it dies out after a few weeks to months after medication.

| 

What are the foods to be avoided if having skin rashes?

Query: Hello doctor, I have recently relocated to my workplace. Due to relocation, I had to consume outside food for two months. I had started growing skin rashes. It was diagnosed as an allergy. Two medicines have been recommended by the doctor. Allegra 180 mg and Azithromycin 500 mg. I ate drumsticks to...  Read Full »

I am suffering from urticaria for a long time and I am not under treatment. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old male. I am suffering from urticaria for a long time. I did not remember exactly how long but it has been approximately four months since I am suffering from this issue. My father and brother also had suffered from this, but only once or twice, but for me, this is a ...  Read Full »

Are body pain, headache and skin rashes symptoms of dengue?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 10 years old. For the past eight days, she has been suffering from body pain, headache, and some skin irritation. Her doctor said that it is pitta acidity. There is no improvement till date. Last year, during rainy season, she had some face and body irritation problem, whic...  Read Full »