Q. Is it normal to get white particles in urine after treatment of UTI?

Dr. Vaibhav
Published on Sep 09, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 10, 2019

I am male having UTI from 10 days. First I took Cefixime 200 two times for five days, after seven days symptoms reappeared. Then I took Levoflaxican 500 for 4 days, all symptoms had gone but more white particles are coming in urine. What should I do? Will it go away in 10 more days?

Dr. Vaibhav

Urology
#

You have to do a urine routine microscopy and urine culture test for confirmation of eradication of all infection if there is residual infection left it may cause recurrent UTI.

The cause of white particles are not clear, but it is rarely a cause for concern as it most probably is either pus flakes or mucosa from urethra or bladder, neither of them requires any special treatment. If your culture is suggestive of infection further antibiotics will be required depending on the report.

How much time does it take for Diflucan to cure urinary candidiasis?

Query: Hello doctor, My doctor prescribed Diflucan (14 days / 200 mg) to treat urinary candidiasis. I just took day 6 of Diflucan. I am feeling a little better but still have achiness in pelvic area, bladder. My question is how much longer until I get full relief? Is this normal?  Read Full »

Other than UTI, what can cause urethral discomfort?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female. I was previously diagnosed with UTI for three to four times in the last two years. Now, I have a frequently occurring problem of itching and burning in my urethra about three to four times in a month. It stays for around 4 to 5 hours and slowly goes off after ...  Read Full »

How to treat vaginal dryness and pain following a UTI?

Query: Hi doctor, A few months ago, I was suffering from UTI and followed by vaginal dryness. Right now, I feel occasional sharp pain in my vagina, which subsides after a while. Also, I am getting pain during intercourse. I wanted to know the ways to treat this vaginal dryness. I had urine and culture t...  Read Full »