Q. What is the treatment for vaginal fungal infection?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 20, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 02, 2020

I am 20 years old. I am sexually inactive for a year now. I am having some issues with my body parts. I had a film around my clitoris that came back often after washing it. In the past few days, I have been experiencing yeast infection symptoms. So today I got an over-the-counter medication for it. I inserted the tablet and it is being only for 12 hours. When I went to the washroom white fluid came pouring out. I have never got treated for yeast infection before. So, I was just wondering if that was normal. My current medication is only birth control pill. Please explain me.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• You may experience some vaginal discharge mixed whitish fluid which can be candidial infection and also some amount of dissolved medication.
  • I suggest you to wash yourself with alkaline vaginal wash and then re-insert the tablet at night again and continue for at least six nights. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with their consent.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|