Q. Why do I have clear liquid discharge from my vagina?

This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 02, 2017 and last reviewed on: May 14, 2021

I am nine days post ovulation and have been experiencing clear liquid discharge from my vagina since two days. I also have a headache, stomachache, and tiredness. I am a little overweight, so I have been starving myself. Is this clear liquid discharge normal?

#

Once ovulation occurs, the remaining follicle, called the corpus luteum, will keep producing hormone progesterone, for a possible pregnancy to get implanted in the uterus. There is nothing to worry as the watery discharge is because of this.

Other symptoms include depression, getting short tempered, bloated feeling, pins and needles in breasts, toes, and fingertips. These symptoms are aggravated by pregnancy, sudden increase or decrease in weight or any recent mental or physical stress.

I suggest you try reducing your weight. According to your height, your expected weight should be between 52 to 58 kg. The excess cholesterol will form hormones and cause the above symptoms. Once you reduce weight to normal range, you would not need any medicines to get periods or to get pregnant.

To reduce weight, I suggest you try the following.

1. Never fast or starve yourself.
  2. Avoid junk food, fast foods, or red meat.
  3. Reduce snacks in between meals.
  4. Consume high protein and high fiber diet.
  5. Do regular exercise, yoga, brisk walking, etc.

Try to reduce 2 to 4 kg per month. Do not hurry on weight reduction, as it will be difficult to maintain. As soon as you reduce at least 5 kg, you will see changes in your health.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|