Q. Why am I having white yellowish painful spot in my vagina?

Dr. Nadia Khan
Published on Aug 04, 2019

I have a white yellowish spot in my vagina that is pretty painful and has been there for three days. I am sexually active, but have been with the same partner for three months and am only recently experiencing these symptoms. I am also tender on both sides of my pelvis but that could also be due to my whiplash from surfing yesterday.

Dr. Nadia Khan

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I would like to ask a few questions if you want to answer those. Is it painful? Any discharge from this point? Any bleeding? Is there any history of injury over there? Any fever? Or anything similar anywhere else over the body?

As it more likely seems to me as something which is in the healing phase and also may have become purulent (filled with pus) (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I am not quite sure about the diagnosis as I am just seeing it in the picture and not directly. It would be better if you see your local doctor and get a full examination done. Otherwise, if it is not painful or producing any discharge then it can be left as it is for a few more days to let it heal by itself.

For now, it does not look like anything nasty. You just need to observe it for a little while before starting any treatment.

A bit of discharge but no bleeding or injury that I know of. I am sexually active though. I do not see anything else similar anywhere else on my body.

Dr. Nadia Khan

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Welcome back to iclinq.com.

Is the discharge coming from the vagina or right from this lesion? I feel this is something not related to a sexual activity like a sexually transmitted infection but I would suggest you get yourself assessed. As in my opinion, it needs observation only for a few days, it looks like a minor pustule developed somehow in this area.

What is steroid-induced rosacea?

Query: Hello doctor,I wanted to ask that what is the difference between steroid induced rosacea and normal rosacea?  Read Full »

Is it true that vitamin supplements help with recurrent vaginal infection?

Query: Hi doctor,I got married seven months back and this is the fourth time she caught bacterial vaginosis (BV). She never had any symptoms before marriage. We have consulted a gynecologist all the four times. She will prescribe antibiotics and other stuff and that successfully treat her for some time. I...  Read Full »

May I know the treatment for vaginal infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I have got some vaginal infection. I feel itching, burning and some kind of cut and marks on my vagina. I would like to know the treatment for this. Please help.  Read Full »