Q. How to treat a varicocele?

Dr. Saurabh Subhash Pandya

I have an issue with an overactive bulbourethral gland causing excessive amounts of precum. Due to this, it can sometimes cause a back up of the foreskin which results in pressure and what I would call the entire descent of the vas deferens into the scrotum. This also causes stomach pain and difficulty while going to the bathroom. Do you have any recommendations on this issue?

#

Precum comes from various glands, including the bulbourethral gland. However, the sperm from the testes have a separate tube (vas) that carries sperm to the urethra. This is unlikely to get temporarily clogged by other secretions. Prostatic glands also have separate openings into the urethra. Also, we need to understand that sperms from vas are not immediately ejaculated. They are temporarily stored in the seminal vesicles near the prostate, and when we ejaculate, these vesicles contract to release sperm and seminal secretion into the urethra. After ejaculation, sometimes there is difficulty passing urine for some time till all the pelvic muscles are relaxed.

What you describe as 'descent of vas' may be prominent veins in the scrotum called a varicocele. I would suggest sonography of your prostate and scrotal Doppler to rule out prostate swelling or varicocele.

Does having interactions with the one I love causes my Cowper's gland to overreact as if I was going to ejaculate? Do you think that might be a brain thing? Does it resemble a bowl of spaghetti, as this is what it feels like during a physical examination?

#

Yes, that is what I was suggesting; this bowl of spaghetti or bag of worms thing is seen in varicocele. It needs evaluation and examination by your doctor before calling it a brain thing. A urologist is a person who can help you. So you are in the correct department. But it will need proper workup to find the cause.

Take care.

|