Q. Can I have my next vertigo attack while I drive?

Dr. Mehak Agarwal
Published on Dec 28, 2017

Two months ago, I experienced a vertigo attack. I went to the doctor. They did all the exams. Blood work was good and CAT scan came back good. The ENT doctor said it is BPPV. He did the head movements for me. I am feeling much better. My question is I cannot be at peace because I have a fear that it might happen to me while I drive. Is this normal? Also, can it happen to me while I drive? I am always uptight.

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetology Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

Vertigo can happen during driving. So, the patient is asked not to drive for 15 days or so till the symptoms subside.

Repeated episodes of vertigo can occur in BPPV (benign paroxysmal positional vertigo). So, whenever you have vertigo, you should be on complete bed rest, take medicines prescribed, avoid jerky head movements, avoid driving and salt restricted diet.

For more information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

| 

I have loss of balance after my ears were pulled. Please suggest medicines.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 34 now. My school teacher pulled both my ears in my childhood and afterwards, I suffered a loss of balance sometimes. I have pain in both my ears and also blurring in both my eyes and fatigue. I think I have mild vertigo. Please suggest the best medicines to cure this mild vertigo...  Read Full »