Q. My daughter has cold, stomach pain, and leg pain. What could be the reason?

Dr. Preeti Puranik
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 29, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 22, 2022

My daughter has cold and stomach pain. She has headaches also. There is no fever. She has got pain in her legs near the foot. Sometimes, she says she has a stomachache. But, then it is fine the next morning. Please advise me on this.

#

• I think she is suffering from a viral infection.
  • I suggest you give her syrup Alerid (Cetirizine) 5 mL twice a day for cold. This syrup makes few children drowsy though not all. Hence avoid morning dose if she is going to school. You can also give her syrup Cyclopam (Dicyclomine and Simethicone) 5 mL twice a day for stomachache.
  • I suggest you give her syrup Calpol 250 (Paracetamol) 9 mL for body pain, leg pain, and headaches or if she has a fever. Give all these medicines for two days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the above medicines with their consent.
  • If there is no improvement then take her to the doctor so that she can be examined and treated appropriately.

For more information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

Can you please suggest tablets instead of syrup as she is not comfortable with syrups.

#

• I suggest you take the following medicines. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicines with their consent.
  1. Tablet Alerid (Cetirizine) 10 mg half a tablet twice a day.
  2. Cyclopam (Dicyclomine and Paracetamol), the dose cannot be adjusted as per her weight hence use the syrup itself.
  3. Tablet Dolo (Paracetamol) 650 mg half a tablet in six to eight hours gap instead of Calpol syrup.

Regards,

|