Q. Can you comment on the imbalances in my blood test reports?

Published on Aug 26, 2017

I recently got my routine blood test done. I would like to consult a good doctor regarding the imbalances mentioned. Attached is the report. I have a thyroid disorder and I take Thyronorm 50 mcg every day and 75 mcg on Sunday. I recently recovered from viral flu and cold. I have mild joint pains and back pain. Your advice would be appreciated.

#

• I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and the major problem I notice is a vitamin D deficiency which needs intervention in the form of Vitamin D supplementation. It is the cause of your joint pain and aches.
  • Your kidney function test is also slightly deranged in the form of low GFR, slightly high creatinine, and uric acid. This can be due to dehydration and a high protein intake, for which you need to take more water and a low-protein diet. Include more vegetables in your diet.
  • Regarding lymphocytosis, it is due to the recent viral infection and will be alright with time.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

How about cholesterol levels?

#

• I did not make any comment on the lipid profile because it is within the normal range, although at the upper normal levels.There is no need of a medical intervention right now.
  • Only lifestyle modification is sufficient which includes mild regular exercises like half an hour of walking every day and increasing the vegetable content in your diet and less consumption of fats and proteins.

Prevention of Joint Pain in Old Age

Article Overview: Joint pain in old age is a major concern that should not be ignored. Most of us suffer from knee pain or back pain after an age. If we follow simple measures in daily routine then most of these conditions can be prevented. Read Article

Dr. Tiwari

Knee joint pain and backache especially in the lumbar region is a very common problem. Almost every one suffers from these problems in life either because of unhealthy lifestyle or some disease. In most cases, these are preventable and treatable, but due to lack of knowledge most people suffer from ...  Read Article

What changes have to be done to control BP?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 58 years old. She has high BP problem since last six years. She is taking Amlong-A tablet daily from then and everything was fine. For the last two months, she has been diagnosed with high BP three to four times. We went through all blood and urine tests. Once a few pus cell...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Did you check her kidney for creatinine? Is it high? What is her weight? Yes, blood pressure treatment is not a one day job. For her age, I will target blood pressure around 140/90 mmHg. Occasionally, 150 mmHg of blood pressure is fine. Control of weight gai...  Read Full

My joint pain is affecting my academics. Please suggest a permanent cure.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing joint pains in my waist, back, and neck for a year now. Whenever I visit a hospital, I am prescribed NSAID, which gives me only a temporary relief. I want this problem to get solved permanently because it has started affecting my academics. I need your ...  Read Full >>

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. Your predominant complaint is pain along the axial skeleton. If it is associated with early morning stiffness of the back and if the pain increases with rest, then ankylosing spondylitis needs to be ruled out. If the above features are not pr...  Read Full