Q. My mother has Vitamin D deficiency. Kindly suggest some Vitamin D supplements.

Dr. Muhammad Zubayer Alam

My mother is a 61-year-old. She takes Eltroxin for thyroid and Coversyl plus HD for blood pressure BP regularly. She has a gastritis problem, but she does not take any medicine for this regularly (SOS - Pantocid). Her complete blood analysis report shows Vitamin D deficiency, and she was recommended to take Vitamin D after consulting a doctor along with other medicines. So I wanted to know what Vitamin D supplement can be taken?

#

Thanks for the query.

I can understand your concern. According to your statement, your mother has been suffering from vitamin D deficiency.

According to the investigation reports (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity) that are provided here, your mother's vitamin D total- 25 hydroxy cholecalciferol 13.3 ng/mL (Normal:30 to 100) is below normal.

For correction of vitamin deficiency, your mother should go outside home under sunlight for prolonged exposure to sunshine as sunshine can help vitamin D synthesis in the skin.

Take vitamin D enriched foods or supplements daily and regularly for correction of vitamin D deficiency.

Take care.

I hope I have answered your question.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Yes doctor noted.

Thankyou.

Will tell her to do the same. Can you recommend any Vitamin D supplements?

#

Thanks for joining again.

She can take Fovit-D3, D3up, Caldikind, Calotec D3, Drisdol, Calciferol, Cholecalciferol, Ergocalciferol etc. Any of the above-mentioned medications will help to subside your mother's vitamin D deficiency along with exposure to sunlight and taking vitamin D enriched foods.

Take care.

In case of any other query, ask me, and I will try to reply to you further.

|