Q. Why did I vomit three worms?

I am a 36-year-old male. I vomited yesterday, feel fine now. But I puked up three worms. About 1.5 to 2 inches wide. How do I kill them?

Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

You seem to be having severe worm infestation. In such case scenarios, I recommend my patients to take tablet Albendazole 400 mg twice a day for three days. However, I first recommend a stool examination for ova and cyst.

| 

I have read online that it is often common to prescribe a second round of Albendazole two weeks after the first treatment. Because there may be eggs remaining. I am going to an urgent care to request the prescription. Should I get the second round in a couple weeks? Is this to be determined by the stool sample? And when should the stool sample be taken? Before or after the three days on Albendazole?

#

If you can get the stool sample, get it done before taking Albendazole because we would come to know what helminth it is. A lot many helminths gets killed by Albendazole. Yes, it would be better to repeat the round after seven days to kill the eggs also.

| 

My 6 year old daughter is very weak and refuses to eat. Can I give her Albendazole?

Query: Hi doctor,I have two kids, an 11 year old son and a 6 year old daughter. They both frequently complain about pain in their legs, which gets very severe many times and settles on giving them Paracetamol. I feel my daughter is very weak physically, and she refuses to eat everything except junk food...  Read Full »

I have breathing problem due to some white fluid in my throat. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a white fluid that goes up my throat and gives me breathing problems. It turns into some sticky glue and can dry up looking like paper. I have bumps on my right hand that keeps coming back and dries off after a few days. When it gets severe, it feels like needles in my hand. So...  Read Full »

Is vomiting a cause of prominence of the vessels of sclera?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old female. I was bulimic for about a year. It happens once or twice a week. I never noticed any permanent changes in my eyes throughout my episodes. However, the last time I ever binged and purged three months ago, I vomited violently. A few weeks after this, I noticed tha...  Read Full »