Q. Do prediabetes and fatty liver hinder weight loss?

This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 15, 2022 and last reviewed on: Aug 16, 2022

I am 5 feet 7 inches tall, and my weight is 99 Kg. What should be the ideal weight?

I have fatty liver, pre-diabetis or minor diabetis. My uric acid level is high. Can you please suggest a diet for weight loss?

I have taken Metformin and Crestor tablets for the last six months, but no weight loss results are seen. Also, my diet includes a lot of chicken, as I thought it would help me to lose weight, but I am guessing it is invalid. Please give me suggestions on what I should do further.

#

I understand your concern.

Firstly, your BMI (body mass index) should be less than 24, preferably less than 22.5. More chicken will not help you lose weight. Your problems like impaired blood sugar levels, fatty liver, dyslipidemia, and raised uric acid are likely related to an unhealthy lifestyle and obesity.

So, it would help if you had a healthy lifestyle like avoiding a fatty, oily, and high-calorie diet. Calorie restriction is the best way to get rid of obesity. Dinner should be light. Less non vegetarian food and exercise will help in reducing uric acid levels. Also, it would help if you had regular exercises like brisk walking and jogging according to your capacity, at least 30 min a day and five days a week. Lots of green leafy vegetables, fruits, and fish once or twice a week; avoid meat. Avoid smoking and alcohol. So a healthy lifestyle, exercise, and calorie restriction will help you lose weight, but not Metformin or Rosuvastatin. I hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.

Also, how high is your uric acid? It would be best if you also avoided egg yellow, which is rich in cholesterol. To be specific about the diet, take less oily, fried, and fast food, less refined carbohydrates, less rice, potatoes, soft drinks, and all high-calorie food. Also, get your blood pressure checked once.

|