Q. What can be the causes of right-sided abdominal pain?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 08, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 13, 2021

I have been suffering from pain on the right side of my abdomen, from the past three days. It pains more when I press my abdomen. The pain is not very severe, and it comes and goes. I thought it is a gastric pain, so I took medicines for it. But, it did not help me get rid of the pain. What to do now?

#

These are a few things we worry about in that particular area:

• Appendicitis: It does not seem to be an acute inflammation; otherwise, you should be in severe pain and unable to do anything. However, it may be chronic recurring appendicitis.
  • Diverticulitis: It usually occurs on the left side of the abdomen, but it can occur on the right side also. In that situation, you would need Ciprofloxacin and Metronidazole for 10 days. You have to avoid oily foods and should have regular solid diet and try not to get constipated. I think you have diverticulitis, which is partially treated.

I hope it helps. Thank you.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|