Q. What is the reason for me to have upper right abdominal pain?

Dr. Arbab Muhammad Kashif Khan
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 24, 2021 and last reviewed on: Mar 18, 2021

Please help me. What is the reason for me to have upper right abdominal pain? My pain got started before three days after drinking coffee around 2 pm. I felt it as an acidic stomach. I took Kremil S and got some relief from the pain. But after taking dinner, it became worse. Then I took Maalox. I vomited again and felt better. Yesterday, I was fine during breakfast and lunch. I had a recurrence of pain during the dinner. Today my breakfast was fine but I had some uneasiness in my stomach after lunch. I took Maalox again and still I have pain and indigestion. I do not want to vomit food again.

#

Please answer my questions. Please mention the type of pain whether it is localized or radiates to some other place. Please mention the score given for the condition. Please mention whether it is present post-meal. Please mention whether you have constipation or diarrhea. Please mention whether you have done any blood tests and an ultrasound. Please mention whether you have any diseases. Please mention whether you have bloating in the abdomen. Please mention whether you have a history of weight loss.

You can take capsule Omeprazole 40 mg once daily before thirty minutes of taking breakfast for a month and take tablet Itopride 150 mg SR once daily. Take it before thirty minutes of taking breakfast for a month.

I have the pain only after eating. It is localized on my stomach and upper right abdomen. I score the condition as 8/10. I can able to walk but sometimes I have vomiting to remove the food from the stomach. I have the pain only after taking food. I do not poop every day and it is usually every two days. I have not done any blood tests and ultrasound. I do not have any diseases. I have bloating in the abdomen and I burp a lot. I do not have a history of weight loss.

#

It seems to be a simple stomach pain and it resolves with medication. You should start the following treatment. I advise you do some investigations if there is no response to the treatment.

You need to do a complete blood count, C-reactive peptide, ultrasound abdomen, liver biochemical tests with serum amylase and lipase.

You can take capsule Omeprazole 40 mg once daily before taking breakfast for a month, take tablet Itopride 150 mg SR once daily before taking breakfast for a month, and take tablet Mebeverine 135 mg thrice a day.

|