Q. What shall I do for acidity and stomach burn?

Dr. Saumya Mittal
This is a premium question & answer published on May 04, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 23 year old male. I have an issue with my stomach for the last few months. I had Ponstan Forte (painkiller) for my headache for almost two years. I used to take the tablet in empty stomach usually and rarely after food. About eight months ago, I had stomach burn near stomach mouth, a point at right side under the ribs. That time I used two or three Omeprazole tablets and it became all good. Then after one month it happened again. I had acidity and stomach burn because I used to stay empty stomach. Along with this, When I sleep I got much saliva in mouth and woke up many times at night to wash it. When I visited a doctor, he prescribed me Omeprazole once daily and Ganaton three times a day for a month. Then everything remained fine for two weeks. Then I took spicy hot soup once in empty stomach and then again the problem started. Then I have remained untreated for three months. When I press my rib cage at right side, I feel sore and slight pain. I do not have any symptoms now. Whenever I skip food, I feel acidity. What should I do?

#

• The symptoms of the query are quite suggestive of a possible gastritis.
  • It could be the painkillers that you had has done enough damage. I would suggest that you test with an endoscopy.
  • Meanwhile, start with the tablet Pantocid 40 mg (Pantoprazole) once daily at breakfast and syrup Sucralfate O three tablespoon four times a day.
  • Avoid spicy food and fizzy drinks. Also avoid alcohol, coffee and stress.
  • You need to take Pantoprazole for a prolonged period. I have tried to explain your problem as simple as possible. Take care

Possibly NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) induced.

Endoscopy.

Revert back with the investigation report to a general medicine physician online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|