Q. What medicine can be used for allergic reaction to dust?

Published on Nov 03, 2018

I am allergic to dust. I have a doubt that I have a seasonal allergic rhinitis and I have been using anti-histamine and still it is not working for me. My anti-histamine is Telfast 180 mg. I am using it for the past one month because I have been sneezing. My nose is dropping watery colored liquid and my nostril is so itchy. Can you give me some advice and medication what to use?

Hematology Pathology
#

I suggest you investigate with AEC (absolute eosinophil count) testing so that further comment can be given. If AEC is much high, Hetrazan can be prescribed. For allergy inflammation, Fexofenadine plus Montelukast combination can be prescribed. Moreover, for rhinitis, Azelestin or Fluticasone nasal spray can be prescribed to use for 3 to 5 days. Steam inhalation done three times a day with lukewarm water will be beneficial. I would like to suggest you consult an otorhinolaryngologist for detailed evaluation as rhinitis is there for one month.

| 

Have allergy problems. I always have runny nose or sore throat or excessive sneezing and coughing and cannot breathe normally.

Query: Hello, I have been having allergy problems for many years. I cannot breathe from my nose even if it is not blocked because I feel like I get less oxygen from my nose. I also have asthma and as the seasons change my allergies react. I always have running nose or sore throat or excessive sneezing and ...  Read Full »

I had an allergy blood test and my specific allergy numbers range from 0 to 0.75 kU/L. Is it normal?

Query: Hello doctor, I just got results back from an allergy blood test. My specific allergy numbers ranged from 0 to 0.75 kU/L. My total IgE is 241 IU/mL. Does this total number indicate anything? Is the number high or low?  Read Full »

I have positive Widal test and high eosinophil count. What can be done?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a positive Widal test and liver function test showed a high eosinophil count. Anything eaten gets vomited out, intense weakness and fatigue. Please help.  Read Full »

Ask an Allergy Specialist Now