Q. What medicine can be used for allergic reaction to dust?

I am allergic to dust. I have a doubt that I have a seasonal allergic rhinitis and I have been using anti-histamine and still it is not working for me. My anti-histamine is Telfast 180 mg. I am using it for the past one month because I have been sneezing. My nose is dropping watery colored liquid and my nostril is so itchy. Can you give me some advice and medication what to use?

#

I suggest you investigate with AEC (absolute eosinophil count) testing so that further comment can be given. If AEC is much high, Hetrazan can be prescribed. For allergy inflammation, Fexofenadine plus Montelukast combination can be prescribed. Moreover, for rhinitis, Azelestin or Fluticasone nasal spray can be prescribed to use for 3 to 5 days. Steam inhalation done three times a day with lukewarm water will be beneficial. I would like to suggest you consult an otorhinolaryngologist for detailed evaluation as rhinitis is there for one month.

|