Q. Does constipation cause burning sensation in anus?

Dr. Akant Kaushal
Published on Jul 01, 2018

I have a burning sensation in anus after bowel movements for past one week. There is no blood discharge and poop was soft. I avoid eating spicy foods. The burning sensation lasts for hours.

Dr. Akant Kaushal

Nutritionist
#

The most common cause of burning sensation in anus following stools will be the consumption of spicy food. Another cause can be constipation, which can cause fissures around the anus.

If this is the condition, apply Diltiazem gel 2 % three to four times a day for seven to 10 days and use a stool softener like Cremaffin syrup (milk of Magnesia and liquid Paraffin) two tablespoons once a day for 15 to 20 days.

If there is no history, you can apply Lignocaine jelly to your anus for few days. If the problem persists, consult a doctor who could examine your anal region.

For more information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

How to deal with gastric symptoms after eating very spicy food?

Query: Hello doctor, I have constipation with a stomach ache. I recently had a few meals of spicy food and I am facing the consequences for the last four to five days. The symptoms include constipation, narrowing of stools, pain in lower abdomen (especially the lower right portion towards groin), acidic i...  Read Full »

How can anal fissure be treated?

Query: Hello doctor,Six months ago, I faced anal fissure problem, which resolved through diet and medicine. One month ago due to constipation, bleeding started during the passing of stool. Now one inner hemorrhoid has protruded about 0.3 inches in size in the anal area. This creates pain for six hours afte...  Read Full »

Can constipation be related to high sugar levels?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 53-year-old female. I had gestational diabetes and 11 years later my sugar levels were high so started taking Glycomet. However, the fasting sugar level in the morning is always high and PP is less than fasting. Recent HbA1c is 6.9. Do I have to continue medicine? I walk daily ...  Read Full »

Ask a Family Physician Now