Q. Is an anion gap of 20 mmol/L bad?

Answered by Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Anion Gap or Betablocker? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Hello doctor,

I am a 32 year old female, and I went to the ER four days back for SVT. Apparently, my anion gap was 20 mmol/L. Is this bad? The BUN was less than 3, ionized calcium was 1.11 and low creatinine. I am freaking out as no one went over the results with me. I have had four cases of SVT recently, and I am now really worried about these test results.