Q. I have severe localized pain in my left arm while lifting up. Why?

Dr. K Shanmuganandan

I am having severe localized pain when I lift my left arm over my head and it is in muscles for more than four months. The rheumatologist did an x-ray and blood test which are all normal. He prescribed tablet Arcoxia-285 (90 mg) and Panadol (665 mg) + injection Depo Medrol 40 mg for 14 days. Seven days have been passed but a bit of pain is reduced but muscle is slightly locked and I cannot freely move my upper arm (pain is near triceps and biceps). Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

#

I read in detail your symptoms. It is suggesting periarthritis shoulder. The profile does not suggest inflammatory arthritis as the signs of inflammation are lacking and the tests are normal.

Periarthritis shoulder or frozen shoulder.

MRI shoulder.

Adhesive capsulitis.

Periarthritis shoulder.

Continue medication. Local fomentation. Range of motion exercise. Avoid lifting weights. Avoid gymnasium and weight training. Avoid heavy bag lifting.

Eggs, fish, dry fruits for natural omega-3 intake
turmeric capsules to boost healing.

|