Q. Why is my bad breath not going away with mouthwashes, flosses, and all other measures?

Dr. Raghu

I have had bad breath for more than a year. I have tried every solution, including mouthwashes, flosses, tongue scrapers, and every other thing the dentist told me, but it did not go away. The smell is significantly worse in my last molar and back of my tongue. This bad breath ruined my relationship with my friends.

Kindly help.

#

I can understand your concern.

Bad breath can be caused due to multiple reasons. It can be due to dental conditions like dental caries, periodontitis, or oral ulcers, and systemic conditions like stomach ulcer, tonsillitis, cold, GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease), and drug-related issues.

Kindly enclose your past medical history, if any. And if you are sure that there is no dental-related issue like dental caries or gingival problems, your bad breath should be due to a systemic condition.

Halitosis (bad breath) can be masked with certain products and home remedies, but they are not a permanent solution. The cause should be treated for better results.

Take care.

|