Bartholin's Abscess

What could cause soreness in vaginal lips with fever?

Query: Hello doctor, I have soreness in vaginal lips for the past four days and having a fever of 102 F for the past two days. I had a preauricular sinus infection drainage procedure done. I took 45 days of antibiotics Taxim-O for 20 days, Augmentin 625 for 7 days, Cetil 500 for 10 days, and Lizobact 6...  Read Full »

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to iIcliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Based on that it appears like a genital yeast infection or other possibilities can be a developing Bartholin's cyst/abscess (which can be confirmed only by examination, when...  Read Full »

What could be a painful pea-like lump on labia?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having a pea-like lump in my labia it is not visible but it is like a ball and painful. I have started having Ciplox 500 and applying a warm compress. Please help as I am very scared regarding what is it and how will it go away?  Read Full »

Dr. Mishra Keeranmayee Mihirkumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your history suggests a Bartholin abscess or maybe a fungal growth. The growth actually needs to be seen before I can give you any coherent advice. But I definitely suggest personal hygiene, wearing cotton underwear and preferably sun drying your underwear to prevent a...  Read Full »

Why am I having swollen labia with severe pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old female with no children. My husband and I have been together for six years. We have no extra-marital affairs and I am 100 % sure of that. My right labia is swollen and is very painful to touch, even a slight breeze of air causes extreme pain. The pain is similar to ...  Read Full »

Dr. Suchada Chaiwechakarn

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the symptoms you described, it sounded like you developed Bartholin gland abscess which is an occlusion of the Bartholin gland duct and that turned to be abscess. Steroid cream is not used for treatment. You need to finish the antibiotic and continue a warm sitz ba...  Read Full »

I have a recurring knot outside my vagina, which bursts and bleeds. What is it?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 34 year old female weighing 300 pounds. My height is 5'2". I have a vaginal issue that I need advice about. I have a knot that keeps coming up just on the outside of my vagina, and it eventually bursts and bleeds for a while. This has happened twice now, and it has really started ...  Read Full »

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the description you have given, it appears to be either Bartholin's abscess or a boil. Both cases can be recurrent if immunity is low, most common cause being diabetes mellitus. Following is my advice for managing the symptoms: Get your blood sugar levels checke...  Read Full »

There is a pus-filled sac developing even after removal of Bartholin gland. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I recently had a Bartholin's abscess which drained and burst on its own. However, ever since then, I have a small sac filled with pus that continuously fills and drains. I then started to develop a cyst on the same spot. I went to a gynecologist and then got my Bartholin gland removed. N...  Read Full »

Dr. Meenakshi Agarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If the gland is removed completely with the sac, then this should not recur. I think that it is not removed completely. I suggest you take capsule Ciprofloxacin 500 mg twice a day for five days, tablet Ibuprofen 400 mg thrice a day for five days, and Mag Mag ointmen...  Read Full »

How to treat the painless swelling in vagina?

Query: Hi doctor, I have one-sided swelling near labia majora since one¬†month. I am an unmarried 26 year old female. There is no pain or discharge. I tried warm compress and Candifem ointment for seven days, but there is no much improvement. I have attached photos for your reference.  Read Full »

Dr. Joshi Shalaka Kishor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and your history, this seems to be a Bartholin's cyst. It is swelling of the Bartholin gland situated in the labia majora. It is a benign condition. Though at present it is not painful, it might g...  Read Full »