Q. Please compare my recent reports with last month's.

Dr. Albana Greca
Published on Feb 13, 2018

I went to the doctor for a physical on 8th. I had blood work done. I went to the ER recently because I was feeling dizzy and tingling. The doctor said I have vertigo and they were not sure of the tingling. I received my blood work from my ER visit and I compared it to my annual exam. Below are the results: Between 8th and now:

RBC 5.13 5.35

HGB 16.1 16.7

HCT 48.5 48.5

MCH 31.5 31.2

NA 131 141

CL 105 97

Protein 8.3 8.9

SGOT 41 23

All other numbers were normal. Do I need to be concerned with these numbers? After my 8th appt, the doctor did prescribe 20 mg of Lipitor (generic), but I stopped taking it after two weeks. I have also had diarrhea. I currently take Synthroid 0.05 mg. My blood pressure was high at my 8th appointment. It had never been high before.

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

I understand your concern. You say you are having vertigo and tingling and taking Synthroid. This makes me think about thyroid issues. So, a thyroid function test should be done.

Furthermore, check your blood electrolytes and run urine analysis, and check blood sugar and pressure for a complete checkup.

Keep well hydrated. Have your meals regularly, do not skip any. Hope this helps.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

What Causes Vertigo?

Article Overview: This article discusses vertigo, a sensation of spinning, dizziness, unsteadiness, and lightheadedness. Read Article

Dr. A.k.srivastava

Dizziness, unsteadiness, lightheadedness are symptoms expressed by the patient. But all these indicate that the patient is having a problem of balancing. Balancing is the outcome of a reflex mechanism where vestibule of ear, eyes and sensory receptors of joints and muscles send sensory impulses to t...  Read Article

Can hypothyroidism cause joint pain, shivering and fever?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 30 years old. My weight is 60 kg and height is 5'10". Three months before, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Also, I am suffering from joint pain, shivering and fever. For this condition doctor advised me to take Thyrox 50 mcg, Thyrox 100 mcg for 10 days and Thyrox 125 mcg for ne...  Read Full >>

Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, your symptoms are not related to thyroid issue. You could be having a viral infection. So, I suggest you to take tablet Zerodol P (combination of Aceclofenac and Paracetamol) three times a day. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the me...  Read Full

I have throat pain and an inability to shout. Could this be due to my thyroid issues?

Query: Hello doctor, My TSH level is 6.52. Can you suggest me a medicine to control it? I feel fatigue and cold intolerance. Also, I have throat pain and inability to shout. Are these because of the thyroid issues?  Read Full >>

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned, it is not clear if you are already taking any medications for hypothyroidism or not. If you are, then there is no need to increase the dose as of now. You must take it early in the morning on waking up and then n...  Read Full