Q. Please compare my recent reports with last month's.

Dr. Albana Greca
and medically reviewed by Dr.Sowmiya
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 13, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jan 28, 2022

I went to the doctor for a physical examination before 20 days. I had blood work done. I went to the ER recently because I was feeling dizzy and tingling. The doctor said I have vertigo and they were not sure of the tingling. I received my blood work from my ER visit and I compared it to my annual exam. Below are the results: 20 days before and now

RBC- 5.13, and 5.35 million cells/mL

HGB-16.1, and 16.7 g/ dL

HCT-48.5, and 48.5 %

MCH-31.5, and 31.2 pg/cell

NA-131, and 141 mEq/L

CL-105, and 97 mEq/L

Protein-8.3, and 8.9 g/dL

SGOT-41, and 23 units/L

All other numbers were normal. Do I need to be concerned with these numbers? After my appointment before 20 days, the doctor did prescribe 20 mg of Lipitor (generic), but I stopped taking it after two weeks. I have also had diarrhea. I currently take Synthroid 0.05 mg. My blood pressure was high during that appointment. It had never been high before.

#

I understand your concern. You say you are having vertigo and tingling and taking Synthroid. This makes me think about thyroid issues. So, a thyroid function test should be done.

Furthermore, check yourblood electrolytes and run urine analysis, and check blood sugar and pressure for a complete checkup.

Keep well hydrated. Have your meals regularly, do not skip any.

|