Q. Please compare my recent reports with last month's.

I went to the doctor for a physical on 8th. I had blood work done. I went to the ER recently because I was feeling dizzy and tingling. The doctor said I have vertigo and they were not sure of the tingling. I received my blood work from my ER visit and I compared it to my annual exam. Below are the results: Between 8th and now:

RBC 5.13 5.35

HGB 16.1 16.7

HCT 48.5 48.5

MCH 31.5 31.2

NA 131 141

CL 105 97

Protein 8.3 8.9

SGOT 41 23

All other numbers were normal. Do I need to be concerned with these numbers? After my 8th appt, the doctor did prescribe 20 mg of Lipitor (generic), but I stopped taking it after two weeks. I have also had diarrhea. I currently take Synthroid 0.05 mg. My blood pressure was high at my 8th appointment. It had never been high before.

Dr. Albana Greca
MBBS., MMEDSC
Family Physician, General Practitioner

I understand your concern. You say you are having vertigo and tingling and taking Synthroid. This makes me think about thyroid issues. So, a thyroid function test should be done.

Furthermore, check your blood electrolytes and run urine analysis, and check blood sugar and pressure for a complete checkup.

Keep well hydrated. Have your meals regularly, do not skip any. Hope this helps.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

Query: Hi doctor, Over the last few months I am experiencing some tingling kind of sensation in muscles on specific area below the left breast near the rib. I would like to know what it is and the cause for it. I am having that sensation mostly in the evening.  Read Full »
Dr. Lokesh Sharoff

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This tingling sensation can be due to a transient nerve compression. This nerve compression can be due to a muscle spasm or due to abnormalities in the thoracic spine. You should improve your posture and avoid sitting for long hours. Avoid bending your back to lift heavy...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, Since three months, I have a head tingling which is irritating and sometimes dizziness. Also, I have left arm numbness sometimes. I am not sure what to do. I am currently taking Maxgalin M 50 and Neurogin.  Read Full »
Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms could be related to epilepsy seizures. I recommend performing a brain MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) and an EEG (electroencephalogram). An anti-epilepsy agent (Lamotrigine, Topiramate, etc.) may be necessary. Kind regards. For more information con...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, My TSH level is 6.52. Can you suggest me a medicine to control it? I feel fatigue and cold intolerance. Also, I have throat pain and inability to shout. Are these because of the thyroid issues?  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned, it is not clear if you are already taking any medications for hypothyroidism or not. If you are, then there is no need to increase the dose as of now. You must take it early in the morning on waking up and then n...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, My age is 31, unmarried. Vertigo will come whenever I go out from home or in public and have stage fear. In the home, no vertigo will come. In public it is more. I am suffering from severe vertigo, hair fall (baldness) for seven years. I used to masturbate most of the times due to whi...  Read Full »
Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your complaints carefully. It seems like motion sickness. But sometimes weaknesses also causes such kinds of issues. You should take the following medicines and follow all instructions.  Read Full »

What Causes Vertigo?

Article Overview: This article discusses vertigo, a sensation of spinning, dizziness, unsteadiness, and lightheadedness.  Read Article »
Dr. A.k.srivastava

Dizziness, unsteadiness, lightheadedness are symptoms expressed by the patient. But all these indicate that the patient is having a problem of balancing. Balancing is the outcome of a reflex mechanism where vestibule of ear, eyes and sensory receptors of joints and muscles send sensory impulses to t ...  Read Article »

Query: Hi doctor, I am 30 years old. My weight is 60 kg and height is 5'10". Three months before, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Also, I am suffering from joint pain, shivering and fever. For this condition doctor advised me to take Thyrox 50 mcg, Thyrox 100 mcg for 10 days and Thyrox 125 mcg for ne...  Read Full »
Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, your symptoms are not related to thyroid issue. You could be having a viral infection. So, I suggest you to take tablet Zerodol P (combination of Aceclofenac and Paracetamol) three times a day. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the me...  Read Full »

Can Ovral G be used as an emergency contraceptive pill?
Cold and Flu - Causes | Symptoms | Diagnosis | Treatments
I-Pill - When to Take and Its Side Effects

Also Read Answers From

Ask a General Medicine Physician »