Q. I have burning sensation in external urethral orifice while touching. Is this an infection?

Dr. Snehal Laul

My penile external urethral orifice (urethral meatus) burns at some places when I touch I. Is that normal or is there any infection? I am noticing from one year and it burns in some places only when I touch, whereas in other places it does not. May I know why? And every report is normal and all doctors told me to move on. Why am I facing these problems?

#

Is there any swelling, inflammation, or redness near urethral orifice? History of urethritis? Burning micturition? Increased frequency of urination? Lower abdominal pain? Sexual history? Are you sexually active? Any contact with irritant, or scented lotion or soap?Any history of atopy/allergies? Do you have a tight foreskin, improper hygiene? Any excess scratching and rubbing of the lesion? Any medical disorder in the past? Drug history/drug allergies?

No swelling, but it will be red sometimes inside of the urethra and when I touch at some places, it burns and some places it does not. No history of urethritis, burning micturition, increased frequency of urination and no lower abdomen pain.

My last sexual activity was one year ago and I have done all tests which came negative and every doctor told me to move on and some told that urethral orifice skin has various degrees of sensation. No contact with irritant, scented lotion. No history of atopy or allergies. No tight foreskin, and no excess scratching and rubbing of the lesion. No medical disorder and no drug allergies. Please see the attached reports also.

#

I have seen the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

There is an increase in pus cells in urine report (just mild dysuria), urinary tract infection, and urethritis.

Take tablet Zifi (Cefixime) 200 mg twice daily for five days, Cital syrup 5 ml twice daily for seven days, Fucidin cream twice daily for seven days (on redness site). It is a minor UTI. Do not worry. Take the above mentioned treatment. All will be fine.

Use non-soap neutral cleanser to clean genitals. Maintain proper genital hygiene.

I do not have burning while urination. I only have burn in the urethral meatus skin when I touch and have burning in urethra sometimes. This is also dysuria and do I need to follow those medications. Will there be any side effects if I use those if that is not dysuria?

#

From your reports, there is a mild increase in pus cells in the urine (mild dysuria). This treatment will help and there will be no side effects.

Follow up after seven days.

| 

What are the effects of Adderall on the penis?

Query: Hi doctor, Around 15 years ago, I used to take a lot of Amphetamine and used to masturbate a lot. As a result, I caused a huge amount of damage to the penis and it constantly leaked urine. 3 years ago, I plucked up the courage finally to see a urologist, who said that my urethra was red and angry. B...  Read Full »

Can lower abdominal pain occur after unprotected sex?

Query: Hello doctor, My query is regarding sexually transmitted infection. I had unprotected sex 51 days back. I had mild fever with a very mild burning sensation on my penis for three days after that encounter. I consulted a doctor and she gave five shots of Ceftriaxone for five days. The mild burning ...  Read Full »

Why is my sperm brown?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 35 year old male. Two weeks ago, I noticed that my semen was brownish. Again yesterday and today, it is the same reddish-brown, and I think it is more watery than usual. I do not have any other symptoms. I do have a varicocele, but I do not think this condition is related to varic...  Read Full »

I get twitches on my calves, shoulders, and head after getting the Novavax COVID vaccine. Please help.
Hello doctor, I got the Novavax COVID vaccine. Since I had the vaccine, I had bad arm pain. But the scary thing that ha...  Read more»
It hurts when I push above my left breast bone. Please help.
Hi doctor, I have been having some chest pain issues. When I push above my left breast bone it hurts in only one spot. ...  Read more»
Bird Flu (Avian Influenza) - Causes, Symptoms, Mortality Rate, and Treatment
Bird flu or avian influenza is a viral infection that spreads among birds and can affect humans rarely. Read the article...  Read more»