Q. I am unable to pull my foreskin as there are many cuts. Why?

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 16, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 07, 2020

My penis foreskin circumference became white. I am getting pain while opening that and I have many cuts on that.

#

• Your complaints are suggestive of fungal infection.
  • I would like to know if you are a diabetic and a history of any high risk sexual behavior.
  • Kindly upload an image to confirm the diagnosis and to formulate appropriate treatment plan.

Revert back with the photos to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I am not a diabetic, I do sex without condom. Now, I am unable to pull my foreskin back as I have several cuts on that.

#

• Your clinical image (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is suggestive of candidal balanoposthitis, which is a fungal infection of the foreskin.
  • It can occur as a consequence of unprotected sexual intercourse when the partner also has a similar fungal infection.
  • There is no reason to panic as it is very common and easily treatable.

1. HIV by ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay).
2. HBsAg (hepatitis B surface antigen).
3. Anti HCV (hepatitis C virus)
4. VDRL (venereal disease research laboratory test).

Candidal balanoposthitis.

Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
1. Tablet Nuforce 150 mg (Fluconazole) single dose today night.
2. Tablet Levocet 5 mg (Levocetirizine) once daily after dinner for two weeks.
3. Candid cream (Clotrimazole) twice daily for local application over the affected area for two weeks without fail.

Safe sex practices and always use a condom. Do not wash the area with any antiseptic or other irritants. Abstinence from sexual intercourse for the next two weeks.

For further information consult a dermatologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I am taking medicines as you directed, but the problem is still exactly the same as it was three days ago. Now, there is swelling in the foreskin and pain is still present. I have attached the latest image. I have not done any tests yet, which you mentioned above.

#

• Candidal infection takes at least two weeks to show signs of improvement and we need to keep applying the cream regularly.
  • In case of no response in two weeks, we will have to suspect resistance of the fungal strains and not before that.
  • I am glad that you are using the suggested treatment. Please continue the same.

1) Tablet Dolo 650 mg (Paracetamol) twice daily for three days for pain.
2) Continue Candid cream.

Revert back after two weeks to a dermatologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

I have colorless and odorless discharge. Is it due to hormonal imbalance?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old female. I am suffering from white discharge since the last four months. It is colorless, odorless with no itchiness and the quantity of the discharge is more than normal. Two years back, I had a similar problem for which I was advised to take Fluconazole 150 mg thre...  Read Full »

Is the HIV RNA test conclusive?

Query: Hi doctor, I had unprotected sex with a woman for two to three minutes around four weeks ago. I took HIV 1 RNA test on 11th day which was negative. Again I took complete STD panel tests on 21st day with HIV-1 RNA and HIV fourth generation tests, all of the results were negative. But, I can notice sm...  Read Full »

Are the medicines given to me for scabies correct?

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with scabies, and now I am worried my family also has it. The doctor has prescribed Permethrin cream 5%, Ketoconazole cream, Flutas 150 mg, and Levocetirizine. Are these tablets fine or should I add anything more? What should I do with the furniture and mobile phones? I h...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»