Q. What are the small red dots that occur frequently on my ankles?

Dr. Rabia

Small red dots started to come beneath the skin on my ankles several years ago. They do not itch and you cannot feel them when you touch the skin. It seems to be worse at the end of the workday and after wearing boots. It used to be on one side but now it is covering both ankles, part of feet and occasionally a couple on the lower leg. They do not blanch when pressed. I am on no medication and vegan, although they appeared before I made that switch two years ago.

#

It seems like capillaritis. That is inflammation of capillaries. It can appear after prolonged exercise and stays there without any symptoms. In other vascular problems, individuals have some sort of symptoms like pain, itching, etc. Capillaritis is not the condition to be afraid of. Sometimes it gets better itself and no treatment is a better option. Just do not stand or exercise for too long. When you are sitting put support under your feet. Do not let them in hanging position.

|