Q. Had removal of myoepithelial carcinoma before three years. Can I have a recurrence of it?

Answered by Dr. Chitrangada and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Carcinoma or Nasal Bleeding? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I had an extraction of two tumors of epithelial-myoepithelial carcinoma with a prominent dedifferentiated (high-grade transformation) myoepithelial component extracted from my nasal cavity before three years. MRI scans were performed to look for recurrences. In my previous MRI, I had a perfusion curve showing ascending plateau.

I have significant weight loss for the past seven months. I have occasional nosebleeds with pain. I also have fever, sensitivity, and bleeding in the mouth palate occasionally. Currently, I am taking Iscador P series II injections three times a week, painkillers, and supplements. Please advice.