iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersInternal Medicinechest painWhat is the alternate medicine for chest pain, cough and arm pain other than Aspirin?

I have chest pain, cough and arm pain. What is the available alternate for Aspirin?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Answered by

Dr. Hariharan

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At December 11, 2019
Reviewed AtDecember 11, 2019

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I am having chest pain, bad cough and feeling uneasy with pain in arms for a long. I do not have Aspirin at home. What can be an easily available alternative at this time?

Answered by Dr. Hariharan


Welcome to icliniq.com.

It is better to take care of this cough because coughing for a long time in highly polluted cities may cause pneumonia or tuberculosis.

So I suggest the following medications:

Tablet Hicet (Cetirizine) 0-0-1, Azee 500 (Azithromycin) 1-0-0, Combiflam 1-0-1, syrup Tusq X (if productive cough) 10ml-10ml-10ml or syrup Tusq D (if dry cough) 10ml-10ml-10ml for three days.

If the cough symptoms are not over within five days, please contact me. We may need to do some tests.

Please also follow:

1. Wear a monkey cap covering nose, ears, and mouth while being in cold outdoors.

2. If you smoke, please stop it.

3. Mix some rock salt in a quarter glass of water and gargle it three times a day.

4. Drink only boiled water for the next three days.

5. Avoid sugar containing foods.

6. If possible drink black coffee without sugar which is good for an upper respiratory infection.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Hariharan

Dr. Hariharan


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Internal Medicine

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy