Q. I have chest pain, cough and arm pain. What is the available alternate for Aspirin?

Dr. Hariharan V

I am having chest pain, bad cough and feeling uneasy with pain in arms for a long. I do not have Aspirin at home. What can be an easily available alternative at this time?

Dr. Hariharan V

Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Nutritionist
#

It is better to take care of this cough because coughing for a long time in highly polluted cities may cause pneumonia or tuberculosis.

So I suggest the following medications:

Tablet Hicet (Cetirizine) 0-0-1, Azee 500 (Azithromycin) 1-0-0, Combiflam 1-0-1, syrup Tusq X (if productive cough) 10ml-10ml-10ml or syrup Tusq D (if dry cough) 10ml-10ml-10ml for three days.

If the cough symptoms are not over within five days, please contact me. We may need to do some tests.

Please also follow:

1. Wear a monkey cap covering nose, ears, and mouth while being in cold outdoors.

2. If you smoke, please stop it.

3. Mix some rock salt in a quarter glass of water and gargle it three times a day.

4. Drink only boiled water for the next three days.

5. Avoid sugar containing foods.

6. If possible drink black coffee without sugar which is good for an upper respiratory infection.

|