Q. Is chest pain in a person having blood pressure and high cholesterol concerning?

Dr. Shalini. M
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 25, 2021 and last reviewed on: Aug 24, 2022

I got mild pain in the chest. I consulted a doctor, and he did ECG, ECHO, TMT, and blood tests. The results turned out to be expected. But in ECG, some mild variation was seen due to BP. I am taking a BP tablet. I also have cholesterol. The doctor said that the reason for my pain was anxiety and acidity. Still, I have some chest pain and backache. I am really worried that I might get a heart attack or fat deposition in my heart.

Would you please go through my reports and advice?

#

Take your blood pressure (BP) medications and lipid-lowering medications regularly. Your tests reports are normal (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). Kindly get a BP apparatus and check the BP every week. And recheck your cholesterol levels after three months.

Systemic hypertension.

Fasting lipid profile.

Systemic hypertension and dyslipidemia.

Antihypertensives and Statins.

Reduce salt and fat in diet, focus on weight reduction, do regular exercise.

Thanks for the reply.

I am not taking any cholesterol tablet.

Thanks.

#

Kindly start taking tablet Rosuvas (Rosuvastatin) 5 mg at night (cholesterol-lowering drug). And recheck your fasting lipid profile and fasting blood sugar after one month.

Fasting blood sugars

|