Q. Why do I get frequent pricking type of pain around the left upper chest area?

Dr. Shobhit Shah
This is a premium question & answer published on May 01, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I frequently get a pricking type of pain on the left side, around the upper chest area, particularly behind the arm pit area. And sometimes behind the shoulder blades and in the chest area adjacent to the nipple. I have done TMT, ECG, and echocardiogram tests, and they are all normal. Only my blood cholesterol is borderline high, LDL is 156, triglycerides is 140, HDL is 40, and total cholesterol is 230. I have attached all my reports. What might be the underlying causes?

#

I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Your vitamin D is on the lower side, so your present problem of pricking pain can be due to this.

• In case it does not get controlled with it, then we will start Statin therapy.
  • For vitamin D deficiency, try taking the following. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines after their consent.
  1. Calcitrol (Cholecalciferol) sachet, twice weekly.
  2. Tablet Shelcal (combination of Vitamin D3 and Calcium carbonate) 500 mg, once a day. 
  3. Vitamin B12 1500 mcg tablets, once a day.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Thank you doctor.

#

You are most welcome.

For further queries consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|