Q. Can single dose of cocaine result in blood in urine?

Dr. Deepak Patel
Published on Mar 25, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 19, 2019

My step daughter who is eight years old had belly pain, blood in anus and urine. Her organic father is a drug addict; we think he gave her Cocaine to eat. Would there be symptoms of having Cocaine? Please guide.

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Paediatrics
#

I can understand your concerns.

• Single dose of Cocaine cannot cause the side effects of blood in urine and stool. If taken for large period then it can lead to above symptoms.
  • It can be stomach infection or blood abnormality as blood is present in both urine and stool.
  • I think you should do complete blood count - CBC with platelet, prothrombin time and partial thromboplastin time with kaolin (PT/PTTK). Along with these, stool for occult blood to find out the cause has to be carried out.

Revert back with the above reports to a child health specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/child-health-specialist

| 

Thank you for the advice. Regarding your answer, I said that her organic father gave her to eat Cocaine once. Would that not be enough to have these symptoms?

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Paediatrics
#

• No, single time usage will result in nausea, vomiting, delirium and unconsciousness, but not bleeding from anus and urine. Take care of her.

For further information consult a child health specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/child-health-specialist

| 

I have stomach pain when I pass stools. Please suggest a medicine.

Query: Hello doctor,I have been suffering from a disease of the stomach for six months now. I feel a pain in my stomach when I pass stools. My stool is like mud or liquid, but not like water. I have consulted many doctors but I do not have relief yet. Please tell me what I should do. I am very worried.  Read Full »

Does my kid have loose motions due to packaged milk?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 13 months old and 8 kg weight. He is having loose motion over a week. I have given him Oflomac-M and Sporlac tablet twice a day. As he did not suffice, stopped giving him Amul milk and started Isomil. Later he was fine for the next 2 days and when I started back Amul milk since...  Read Full »

I have stomach pain and darker stool. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old male, and have stomach pain for around a week (mostly after eating). The pain starts in epigastric regions, and then to lower abdomen. I started noticing changing stool color to more darker stool. There is no diarrhea or vomiting, no fever. I am taking Omeprazole fo...  Read Full »

Ask a Child Health Specialist Now