Q. Can single dose of cocaine result in blood in urine?

Dr. Deepak Patel
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 25, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 19, 2019

My step daughter who is eight years old had belly pain, blood in anus and urine. Her organic father is a drug addict; we think he gave her Cocaine to eat. Would there be symptoms of having Cocaine? Please guide.

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Paediatrics
#

I can understand your concerns.

• Single dose of Cocaine cannot cause the side effects of blood in urine and stool. If taken for large period then it can lead to above symptoms.
  • It can be stomach infection or blood abnormality as blood is present in both urine and stool.
  • I think you should do complete blood count - CBC with platelet, prothrombin time and partial thromboplastin time with kaolin (PT/PTTK). Along with these, stool for occult blood to find out the cause has to be carried out.

Revert back with the above reports to a child health specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/child-health-specialist

| 

Thank you for the advice. Regarding your answer, I said that her organic father gave her to eat Cocaine once. Would that not be enough to have these symptoms?

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Paediatrics
#

• No, single time usage will result in nausea, vomiting, delirium and unconsciousness, but not bleeding from anus and urine. Take care of her.

For further information consult a child health specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/child-health-specialist

|