Blood In Urine

Can excessive masturbation cause blood in urine?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old, I have habit of masturbation. One day I found blood in my urine. Visisted urologist ,doctor told me it is because of excessive mastrubation and suggested ultrasound scan. The reports came normal. He wrote medicines which I started taking and a week back I masturbate...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed your pictures and ultrasound pictures report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Blood in semen with a person less than 40 years old is mostly due to inflammation of the prostate or seminal vesicles and this inflammation can be caused by infec...  Read Full »

Does getting a few drops of blood while urinating with no pain need physician examination?

Query: Hello doctor, I use toilet paper to soak up excess urine after going to the bathroom. I run my finger along the base of my penis to help get out the excess after the stream ends. The last couple of times, I noticed some droplets of blood on the toilet paper. The urine itself was not red or discolor...  Read Full »

Dr. Gokul Vignesh Kandaswamy

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have not mentioned your age which is key. It looks like you are doing urethral milking which is usually adviced for post-void dribble. I suspect it is because of your age, which would mean you are above 50 at least. Anyway, blood per urethra is not normal and...  Read Full »

Can kidney stones cause blood in urine?

Query: My father is diabetic and have kidney stones. Recently he saw blood in his urine after walk(exercise) what's the reason behind it???  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi thank you for consulting me Kidney stones can have different presentations it also can cause blood in urine after exercise and stones should be evaluated properly and treatment Your father have diabetes and might have other medical issues so proper evaluation before intervention is required I ...  Read Full »

Can liver failure cause blood in urine and weakness?

Query: He's my dad, becoming weak day by day. We consulted doctor who told the urine is containing blood also although its not visible looking at urine. His leg was also swelling, on medication it became fine. He also added, it may be liver failure but he didn't confirm. How he's becoming weak?Age :73Weig...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello. I welcome you to icliniq. I can understand you must be very upset about your father. The history you provided provides a little clue to what excatly he is sufferring with. Non visible blood in urine is called microscopic hematuria. Some liver condition can cause this problem such as Hepatit...  Read Full »

Are elevated bilirubin and blood in urine complications of hereditary spherocytosis?

Query: Hi. I’m 20 years old , I wanted to ask a hematologists a question because I feel like my primary doctors aren’t taking the right precautions/ steps with my current symptoms, I have hereditary Spherocytosis, snapping scapula, and what I believe to be a spermatocele. During some blood work...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello Dear yes it is a disorder which may cause unstable RBC membrane lead to spherical shape RBC. When they pass through spleen lead to hemolysis. commom complications are 1. Anemia. 2. Jaundice or hemolytic jaundice. 3. Gall stones. 4. Folic acid deficiency. 5. Aplastic bone marrow. So treatme...  Read Full »

Why do I have severe pain when I finish urinating?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having painful urination. When I pass urine only 5-10 mL of urine I pass and then end up with so much of pain. The pain is like something stuck in my penis or like some wound inside the penis. And I am also getting blood in urine. This is happening to me for the last two days. Please...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: Painful urination along with blood is a sign of urinary tract infection. However, I strongly suspect a possible urethral stricture or urethral mucosal rupture. Get a urine microscopic examination to evaluate for urinary trac...  Read Full »

Is blood in urine an emergency condition?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having severe pain in my left side for a few months now. I have been to the doctors who told me it was nothing to worry about but the other day I went to the toilet and I was urinating blood. I went back to the doctor who did a urine dip test and I have leukocytes 500, blo...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandip Pramanik

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your queries. You are having hematuria (blood in urine). When someone gets hematuria, it has to be taken seriously and has to be investigated in detail. Please undergo the following investigations. 1. USG KUB AND PVR (ultrasound kidney, urete...  Read Full »

Can injury in penis result in red urine?

Query: Hello doctor, I got a hit on cricket ball four weeks ago, and I have pain in my abdomen and after several minutes it is back to normal again. After a few days, I joined the gym and doing my basics like cycling, some weight lifting, etc, but no abdominal exercises. Four days ago, I passed orange col...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nothing to worry at present. There is no relation with the cricket ball hit. It might be related to dehydration or gym exercises which also can cause dehydration, both of which cause dark urine. Just get basic tests done to confirm it is blood or just dark yellow u...  Read Full »

What causes blood in urine?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 years old, male. No smoker. A blood and urine test was done for me recently and the blood test was all fine, but there was blood in my urine (Ur RBC 155 Cells/uL), a more specific urin test was done after still showing (66 Cells/uL) of which 97% are isomorphic and of which o...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, likelihood of any malignant cancer is less likely because you do not have risk factors, no symptoms, young age and CTurogram in normal. Within three months period cancer would have increased in size and became detectable. So you are probably having some beni...  Read Full »

How to treat blockage of urine due to enlarged prostate?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is 67 years old. He is having mild psychiatric problem for the past 17 days. In the middle, around five days back the creatinine level increased from 1.1 to 5.6. So, an ultrasound was done and that showed blockage of urine due to enlarged prostate. But, urination was not comp...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have checked your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your father has enlarged prostate with severe obstruction, which is bad enough to cause renal failure. So, I would strongly advice your father to undergo transurethral resection of the...  Read Full »