Blood In Urine

Kindly suggest a treatment for hematuria.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 76 year old male. I have hematuria for the past two months. My prostate was normal in the USG report and the culture report did not show any growth of microorganisms. I took Levofloxacin for 10 days, but now my doctor prescribed Tranexamic 500 IV. I am also suffering from a lumbar...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hematuria has to be taken seriously. If ultrasonography is normal, then I suggest you go for a CT scan and urine cytology. If these are also negative, then a cystoscopy should be done. The usual cause of blood in urine is a prostate problem. So, if no other cause is fou...  Read Full »

Can kidney stones cause blood in urine?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is diabetic. He has kidney stones. Recently, he saw some blood in his urine after walking. What is the reason behind it?   Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kidney stones can show different presentations. It can also cause blood in urine after doing exercise. Stones need proper evaluation and treatment. Your father is diabetic and he can have other medical issues. So proper evaluation has to be done before intervention is d...  Read Full »

Why is there blood spots in urine after placing the catheter?

Query: Hi doctor, My father was operated on for hip replacement surgery a few months back. He is on a Catheter since last month and often passes blood and debris in the discharge bag. He has no control over urine and was initially passing white urine before we put catheter. Blood spots in urine are only a...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. My advice for you is 1. Continue with a catheter till your father is able to walk normally, without any problem. 2. CT scan finding does not require any intervention at present. A cyst can be a normal finding. The best advice regarding cyst can only be given after ...  Read Full »

Can liver failure cause blood in urine and weakness?

Query: Hi doctor,My 73 years old dad is becoming weak day by day, and he is 70 kg by weight and 5.2 inches by height. We consulted the doctor, who told us the urine contains blood, although it is not visible looking at urine. His leg was also swelling, and on medication, it became fine. He also added, it m...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand you must be very upset about your father. The history you provided provides a little clue of what exactly he is suffering with. Non-visible blood in urine is called microscopic hematuria. Some liver conditions can cause this problem, such as hepatiti...  Read Full »

Should I be concerned about the blood in the urine?

Query: Hello doctor, My boyfriend, who currently lives abroad, has found blood in his urine and ejaculate a couple of months ago. He then got tested for any STDs, but everything was negative. He went to a doctor and got antibiotics prescribed which seemed to help. But now the issue is back and worse, this...  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran Sr

Sexologist, Diabetologist, Andrologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. We need to check the issue and know the cause. It can be due to a urinary tract infection. Already antibiotics used and doing a urine culture can help you understand better. Doing an ultrasound abdomen will help understand kidney stones. ...  Read Full »

What does blood in the semen indicate?

Query: Hello doctor, My boyfriend, who is currently living abroad, has found blood in his urine and ejaculate a couple of months ago, he then got tested for any STDs, but everything was negative then he went to a doctor he got antibiotics prescribed which seemed to help. But now the issue is back and wors...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for consulting us. This condition is called hematospermia, and it is mostly inflammatory due to infection in the prostate or seminal vesicles and rarely due to stone in the prostate. To confirm the diagnosis, we will need an ultrasound for the prostate and semin...  Read Full »

Are elevated bilirubin and blood in urine complications of hereditary spherocytosis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have hereditary spherocytosis with snapping scapula and spermatocele. Before few weeks, I took some blood tests. I had elevated levels of bilirubin and low WBC levels. Yesterday, I took a urine sample and found a large amount of blood in my urine. Is this serious? Can I have a blood di...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it is a disorder that may cause an unstable RBC (red blood cells) membrane leading to produce spherical-shaped RBC. After passing through the spleen, it causes hemolysis. The common complications are anemia, jaundice, gall stones, folic acid deficiency, and apl...  Read Full »

What are the survival rates in case of prostate cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, My father started having some pain or pressure in his lower abdomen over the past month. These past few weeks, he had some blood while peeing. This week he got tested for it, and there were cancer cells. The doctor said either bladder, urethra, or kidney. The only other symptoms prior...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The treatment and the survival rate are based on the type of organ and stage of the tumor. Get serum PSA (prostate-specific antigen), ultrasound abdomen to know the organ involved. CT scan is required for proper staging. Thanks. Regards. Feel free to ask anything e...  Read Full »

Why did POC urine test show blood in urine?

Query: Hi doctor, During presurgery, I have done a blood test and urine test. Everything was normal except POC urine test revealed blood in urine.  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have done some investigations recently and your POC (point of care) urine test shows blood in the urine. The condition presenting with blood in urine is known as hematuria and it results from various underl...  Read Full »

What does high protein and blood in the urine indicate?

Query: Hello doctor,I have high protein and some microscopic blood in the urine. I have high blood pressure and major anxiety disorder. I have an appointment in three weeks, and I am really scared.  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for consulting. High protein and red blood cells in urine indicate an abnormality in filtration membranes inside your kidneys. This membrane works to filter blood in the urine. There are many reasons for this membrane to be damaged. So if urine has high protein,...  Read Full »