Blood In Urine

Why did POC urine test show blood in urine?

Query: Hi doctor, During presurgery, I have done a blood test and urine test. Everything was normal except POC urine test revealed blood in urine.  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have done some investigations recently and your POC (point of care) urine test shows blood in the urine. The condition presenting with blood in urine is known as hematuria and it results from various underl...  Read Full »

My father has blood along with urine. How to help him?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is 74 years old. He met with a road accident about 3.5 years back and had suffered a brain injury. A craniotomy and cranioplasty were performed. Since then, he has been in a persistent vegetative state. He is completely paralyzed and continuously on nursing care. He is fed by...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Relax and do not worry. The reason for bleeding might be due to a small injury while changing the suprapubic catheter. You can go to some local doctor or can call a doctor at your home and ask him to change the suprapubic catheter. I think antibiotics are not required at...  Read Full »

Can chronic constipation cause hematuria in older adults?

Query: Hello doctor, My uncle is 62 years old. He had CAD post-PTCA (eight years back) and hemorrhoids. Today he had blood in the urine with occasional burning micturition. He recently got a few routine investigations, including urine analysis, which shows 4-6 pus cells, and USG abdomen showed grade 1 pro...  Read Full »

Dr. Francis Sridhar

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The probable reason for hematuria here will be cardiac drugs. He needs to stop Clopitab (Clopidogrel) for a few days, at least until the hematuria settles. He needs to continue Tamsulosin, and a dose of antibiotics for five days may also help the infection part of any...  Read Full »

Does frequent urination with fever and blood in urine indicate UTI?

Query: Showing symptoms of UTI, frequent urination, fever, blood in urine, pain in lower back area for the past two days.  Read Full »

Dr. S D Sinha

Family Physician, Infectious Diseases Specialist

Answer: Thanks for your query. You do seem to have symptpms of infection related to genitourinary tract. Before we start any treatment, iy would be advisable to do some testing. Adv Investigations 1. Urine- Urine routine examination, Urine culture & sensitivity 2. Blood- CBC, ESR, CRP, LDH, Serum calciu...  Read Full »

What could cause painful urination with blood?

Query: Hi doctor, I have extremely painful urination with blood. The first three urine is clear with blood and pain. The fourth one is dark yellow with blood and more painful. I have a history of UTI, and I am taking antibiotics.  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Diabetologist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.Sorry for your inconvenience. I understand your concern and let me help you with my best. Though urinary tract infections are common in females, repeated infections call for detailed evaluation and specific treatment. I have a few questions to ask before I suggest anythi...  Read Full »

Can IUD cause blood in urine?

Query: Hi, I have had the IUD for 2 years now and my period stopped a year ago completely. I awoke from my sleep last night due to pain in the vagina. When I went to the bathroom, I urinated blood, a lot of it. I also had burning sensation while urinating. Why is this happening to me?  Read Full »

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Blood in urine is called hematuria. You have blood in urine as well as burning sensation while urinating. Blood in urine has nothing to do with IUD (Intra Uterine Device). There are chances of cystitis or growth in the urinary bladder. This condition needs a detai...  Read Full »

Can blood in urine occur due to the irritation of catheter tip on the bladder?

Query: Hello doctor, I went into total urinary retention on March 14. I attended an ER and a foley's catheter was fitted, and I was advised that I had a slightly enlarged prostate (BHP). A week later, I was prescribed Tamsulosin 400 mcg. On March 26, the catheter was removed, but I went into retention ag...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Coming to your query, I will answer first your questions step by step. For you doubt regarding, could the tip of the catheter be grating at the bladder wall and causing bleeding. Yes, but chances are minute and the amount of blood is also less. You can say sometimes cl...  Read Full »

My mother is bleeding only while passing urine. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 72 years old. She has BP, sugar, and thyroid. Since four days she is bleeding. We thought it is a urine infection at first but now we do not know the reason. Kindly suggest some medicines as she is elderly we do not want to take her to clinics due to the current COVID sit...  Read Full »

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I would like to tell you that it is very important to establish the exact cause of the bleeding in this case of your mom. Does she bleed only while passing urine or is it like periods requiring a vulval pad to be kept? Also is the bleeding like spottin...  Read Full »

Can excessive masturbation cause blood in urine?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old, I have habit of masturbation. One day I found blood in my urine. Visisted urologist ,doctor told me it is because of excessive mastrubation and suggested ultrasound scan. The reports came normal. He wrote medicines which I started taking and a week back I masturbate...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed your pictures and ultrasound pictures report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Blood in semen with a person less than 40 years old is mostly due to inflammation of the prostate or seminal vesicles and this inflammation can be caused by infec...  Read Full »

Does getting a few drops of blood while urinating with no pain need physician examination?

Query: Hello doctor, I use toilet paper to soak up excess urine after going to the bathroom. I run my finger along the base of my penis to help get out the excess after the stream ends. The last couple of times, I noticed some droplets of blood on the toilet paper. The urine itself was not red or discolor...  Read Full »

Dr. Gokul Vignesh Kandaswamy

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have not mentioned your age which is key. It looks like you are doing urethral milking which is usually adviced for post-void dribble. I suspect it is because of your age, which would mean you are above 50 at least. Anyway, blood per urethra is not normal and...  Read Full »