Blood In Urine

I am pregnant and peeing blood. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is eight weeks pregnant and she is seeing blood during urination. Her first delivery was C-section. Our regular doctor two days ago suggested injection and medicines. Even after taking that injection and medicine, she is feeling pain in the abdomen occasionally and blood in the ur...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After having gone through the ultrasound reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), It is evident that your wife had experienced threatened abortion with separation of placenta at the lateral aspect of the gestational sac as evident from the second ul...  Read Full »

Can IUD cause blood in urine?

Query: Hi, I have had the IUD for 2 years now and my period stopped a year ago completely. I awoke from my sleep last night due to pain in the vagina. When I went to the bathroom, I urinated blood, a lot of it. I also had burning sensation while urinating. Why is this happening to me?  Read Full »

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Blood in urine is called hematuria. You have blood in urine as well as burning sensation while urinating. Blood in urine has nothing to do with IUD (Intra Uterine Device). There are chances of cystitis or growth in the urinary bladder. This condition needs a detai...  Read Full »

Why is there pain in kidney with blood in urine?

Query: Hi doctor, I went to the hospital with side pain near kidney. They discovered blood in my urine. I followed up with urologist for a lot of pelvic pain. I am attaching my urinalysis results from both visits. Both show the blood and the second one says urine squamous epithelial cell mod lpf. I have t...  Read Full »

Dr. Gajanan Bhat

General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your description of symptoms basically points to a possibility of left sided ureteric colic. It is unlikely to be cancer. You have mentioned that you have undergone CT scan. I could not find report of CT scan or films in the attachment (attachment removed to protect pat...  Read Full »

My friend had intercourse during her periods, and she is having blood in her urine now. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor,This is for my friend. She is 16, and at the weekend she slept with her fiance three times during her period. She has now been experiencing the need to go for a pee all the time, and her belly hurts, and it hurts when she goes, she also has blood in her urine. So I am a little worried a...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is mostly a urinary tract infection. Do not worry, and she needs antibiotic for a week. She should get a urine routine and microscopy test done to confirm the infection. Then she will need antibiotic like tablet Nitrofurantoin 100 mg twice a day for a week along w...  Read Full »

Other than stones what could be the reason for passing blood in the urine?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 40-year-old female. I went to my doctor a year before because I had a little blood in my urine when I wiped. He did a urine analysis, and some blood work and everything came back fine. There were no problems until three days ago. I peed then a few minutes later it felt like it ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aman Gupta

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A bladder infection (cystitis), stones and overdose of Coumadin (Warfarin), all three can be the likely reason for your bleeding. In case of any such bleeding, an ultrasound is a must. I prefer to start with a short course of antibiotics (mostly Nitrofurantoin and Ci...  Read Full »

Left sided abdominal pain

Query: Hello doctor, I am 35 years old, female. I went to the emergency room a few days back. The CT scan was done to check my ovary and when I look at my blood work for the past few years, I was wondering if there was any relation between some of the rising levels especially if anything is not functionin...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your attached reports are not suggesting any specific cancer (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The left-sided abdominal pain could be due to gastritis or diverticulitis. For that, fiber diet can be taken more and antacid like Rabeprazole can be prescr...  Read Full »

My urine sample showed blood.My doctor thinks that I have bruised kidney.Can I exercise?

Query: Hello doctor, I got injured in a car crash. I have abdominal pain. My urine sample showed blood. My doctor thinks that I have bruised kidney. Can I do pool walking and light exercise?  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Regarding your query, I need a few more details to help you. Are you passing adequate urine? How many days have passed since the accident? Are there any clots in your urine? Do you have diabetes or hypertension? Attach your ultrasound rep...  Read Full »

What is microscopic hematuria?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a software professional. I work in shifts from 2 PM to 11:30 PM. Recently, I got a complete health check-up done and found to have microscopic hematuria. Before this health check-up, I used to take medicines for headaches (Saridon and Headset tablets). I used to drink alcohol thr...  Read Full »

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through all your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and except for the microscopic hematuria, all your reports are fine and there is nothing to worry about. Regarding the microscopic hematuria, it could be due to subclinical UTI (U...  Read Full »

I have constant urge to urinate with blood in urine. Is it due to STD?

Query: Hello doctor, I just recently started urinating blood when I go to the restroom. I have a constant urge to urine and I have no idea why out of the blue this is happening. I am a male, 36 years old, 6’2", 190 lbs. I have no medical issues or past history of kidney problems or cancer. Can it be...  Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Painless hematuria must be evaluated thoroughly and some factors must be taken into consideration like smoking, occupational exposure to certain substances, family history of kidney disease or cancer. Do not get scared sometimes it is something simple like urinary tract...  Read Full »

Can scar reopening after surgery cause urinary problem in hypospadias patient?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 5 years old. He is born with hypospadias and had a stage 1 surgery to fix it back two years back. Everything went well so far. However, the following symptoms are now showing up. From the last week, he started to complain when passing urine saying it was stinging him. We wen...  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. I would like to know a few more details. You mentioned stage 1 surgery was performed two years back. When was the second stage done? Did he complain of any urinary problems after surgery? The most likely cause is an infection given his hi...  Read Full »