Blood In Urine

How to treat blockage of urine due to enlarged prostate?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is 67 years old. He is having mild psychiatric problem for the past 17 days. In the middle, around five days back the creatinine level increased from 1.1 to 5.6. So, an ultrasound was done and that showed blockage of urine due to enlarged prostate. But, urination was not comp...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have checked your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your father has enlarged prostate with severe obstruction, which is bad enough to cause renal failure. So, I would strongly advice your father to undergo transurethral resection of the...  Read Full »

Why am I having blood in urine before getting my periods?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 22 years old. I have been observing that since last 3-4 period cycles, I have been having blood in urine. Just an hour before periods then it is normal once I get my period and the urine is again clear. Recently, I got my period and an hour back I urinated with little blood but t...  Read Full »

Dr. Aman Gupta

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Endometriosis is not so common. Although you have a pattern of bleeding which goes in favor of bladder endometriosis. First thing which needs to be ruled out is a stone disease. Get an NCCT KUB done which will confirm or rule out stone disease. If it is not there th...  Read Full »

Can cocaine cause blood in urine?

Query: Hello doctor, My step daughter who is eight years old had belly pain, blood in anus and urine. Her organic father is a drug addict; we think he gave her Cocaine to eat. Would there be symptoms of having Cocaine? Please guide.  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concerns. Single dose of Cocaine cannot cause the side effects of blood in urine and stool. If taken for large period then it can lead to above symptoms. It can be stomach infection or blood abnormality as blood is present in both urine and stool....  Read Full »

Kindly interpret my routine urine test report.

Query: Hello doctor, My routine urine examination shows: Trans-hazy. Reaction - 6.0pH. blood - ++. RBC - 15-20 hpf. Pus cell - 2-5 hpf. Epithelial cells - 4-6 hpf. Please review my report.  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all what problems you were having when you got your urine test? There is blood in your urine. Causes are many like bleeding disorder, kidney stones, inflammation in the kidney (nephritis). So I need to know what problems you are experiencing to make a diagno...  Read Full »

What is your opinion on the presence of albumin and RBCs in urine test?

Query: Hello doctor, I have problem in my urine reports. The report shows: Albumin: +++. Sugar: nill. Pus cells: plenty. Epithelial cells: plenty. RBC's: 4-6. Urine culture: No bacterial growth after 48hrs at 37c. Please give suggestions.  Read Full »

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. You have proteinuria and hematuria. It can be due to urinary tract infection, but that can be ruled out here since you have not passed any pus cells or epithelial cells. I will recommend you to immediately get a CT KUB (computerized to...  Read Full »

What are the possible causes and treatment for passing blood in urine?

Query: Hello doctor, There are 10-15 ml of blood after I urinate, and I have burning sensation also. This has been going on for a few years now. What medications can assist this? Please advise on the possible diagnosis and treatment of this.  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Arora

Cardiologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want to know about you, your age, and sex. And before we reach to any conclusion I want to tell you something about hematuria (blood in urine). 1) Blood at the beginning of urination (called initial hematuria) typically indicates a lesion in the urethra. 2) Hemat...  Read Full »

I am pregnant and peeing blood. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is eight weeks pregnant and she is seeing blood during urination. Her first delivery was C-section. Our regular doctor two days ago suggested injection and medicines. Even after taking that injection and medicine, she is feeling pain in the abdomen occasionally and blood in the ur...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After having gone through the ultrasound reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), It is evident that your wife had experienced threatened abortion with separation of placenta at the lateral aspect of the gestational sac as evident from the second ul...  Read Full »

Can IUD cause blood in urine?

Query: Hi, I have had the IUD for 2 years now and my period stopped a year ago completely. I awoke from my sleep last night due to pain in the vagina. When I went to the bathroom, I urinated blood, a lot of it. I also had burning sensation while urinating. Why is this happening to me?  Read Full »

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Blood in urine is called hematuria. You have blood in urine as well as burning sensation while urinating. Blood in urine has nothing to do with IUD (Intra Uterine Device). There are chances of cystitis or growth in the urinary bladder. This condition needs a detai...  Read Full »

Why is there pain in kidney with blood in urine?

Query: Hi doctor, I went to the hospital with side pain near kidney. They discovered blood in my urine. I followed up with urologist for a lot of pelvic pain. I am attaching my urinalysis results from both visits. Both show the blood and the second one says urine squamous epithelial cell mod lpf. I have t...  Read Full »

Dr. Gajanan Bhat

General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your description of symptoms basically points to a possibility of left sided ureteric colic. It is unlikely to be cancer. You have mentioned that you have undergone CT scan. I could not find report of CT scan or films in the attachment (attachment removed to protect pat...  Read Full »

My friend had intercourse during her periods, and she is having blood in her urine now. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor,This is for my friend. She is 16, and at the weekend she slept with her fiance three times during her period. She has now been experiencing the need to go for a pee all the time, and her belly hurts, and it hurts when she goes, she also has blood in her urine. So I am a little worried a...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is mostly a urinary tract infection. Do not worry, and she needs antibiotic for a week. She should get a urine routine and microscopy test done to confirm the infection. Then she will need antibiotic like tablet Nitrofurantoin 100 mg twice a day for a week along w...  Read Full »