Q. Is it advisable to take Modafinil to enhance cognitive performance?

Answered by Dr. Aida Quka and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Cognitive Enhancer or Modafinil? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I have been diagnosed with chronic tension headache. Next, to the headache, I have observed a decline in my cognitive skills (learning, concentration). I can take care of the headache using meditation techniques, however, I am not able to deal with the decline, which is causing degradation of my private and work-related performance. Apparently, there is a medicine available that can enhance cognitive performance- Modafinil. I wanted to ask you for an opinion, how to take the medicine, what should I pay attention to (dosage, cycles).