Q. I have a rash under my arm, which is burning and paining. Is this due to heat or too much friction?

and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J

I have a rash under my arm, which started today, which is burning and paining while moving my shoulders. I have attached the pictures. I tried to poke it with a needle to see if it is a blister and any liquids come, but only blood came out of it. I am worried that it will be related to HIV since I had exposure eight days ago. The exposure was mutual masturbation. I also think that it is the rash, which is related to heat. I was wearing a sweater, and maybe it is caused by heat or sweat due to too much friction. I have a history of Von Willebrand disease type 3. And I currently take Sertraline. Please advise.

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

It is the case of irritant contact dermatitis.

I would advise you to take the following medications and revert to me in seven days.

A. Tablet Augmentin (Amoxicillin 500 mg and Clavulanic acid 125 mg) 625 mg twice daily for seven days.

B. Flutibact (Fluticasone propionate and Mupirocin) cream twice daily.

C. Tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg once at night for seven days.

It has nothing to do with your HIV exposure.

I hope it helps.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

| 

Thank you for your reply.

I just wanted to know why Augmentin and Levocetirizine are for simple contact dermatitis. I am using Betamethasone 0.05 percent. Are sweat and too much friction the cause for it?

Thanks.

#

It would help if you took it to prevent complications. In my opinion, it is going more in favor of insect bite irritant contact dermatitis. Complications include scarring, secondary infection with abscess formation.

I hope it helps.

|