Q. How long will it take to heal the dark spots on the face?

Dr. B. Srinivas Goud
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 14, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 16, 2020

I am 15-year-old suffering from dark spots on the face. They are dark brown, and my usual skin tone is golden brown. I developed acne when I first started puberty, and I picked at my face, which caused these scars. I have tried Vitamin C, and Mederma gel to lighten them, but nothing works. I want to know if there is some way to lighten them. Would Calamine lotion work perhaps anything else? How long will it take to heal completely? Am I stuck looking like this forever?

#

I understand that you have acne scars and dark spots caused due to acne. Acne is usually age-related because of hormonal changes. However, I suggest you undergo PRP (platelet-rich plasma) therapy for the scars if they are bothering you.

For dark spots, you may use creams with Hydroquinone after consulting your dermatologist. The spots will eventually fade away with time. Avoid exposure to sun and use a sunscreen with SPF 50 while going out in the sun. I hope this answers your question. Please let me know if you have more questions.

|