Q. How long will it take to heal the dark spots on the face?

Dr. Srinivas Goud B
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Aug 14, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 20, 2019

I am 15-year-old suffering from dark spots on the face. They are dark brown, and my usual skin tone is golden brown. I developed acne when I first started puberty, and I picked at my face, which caused these scars. I have tried Vitamin C, and Mederma gel to lighten them, but nothing works. I want to know if there is some way to lighten them. Would Calamine lotion work perhaps anything else? How long will it take to heal completely? Am I stuck looking like this forever?

Dr. Srinivas Goud B

Cosmetology Dermatology
#

I understand that you have acne scars and dark spots caused due to acne. Acne is usually age-related because of hormonal changes. However, I suggest you undergo PRP (platelet-rich plasma) therapy for the scars if they are bothering you.

For dark spots, you may use creams with Hydroquinone after consulting your dermatologist. The spots will eventually fade away with time. Avoid exposure to sun and use a sunscreen with SPF 50 while going out in the sun. I hope this answers your question. Please let me know if you have more questions.

Can I take Vitamin C supplements for anemia?

Query: Hello doctor, Can I take Vitamin C because I am anemia patient and what is the name of Vitamin C supplement? My age is 19 years old and my height is 161 cm.  Read Full »

Is there a way to remove the wrinkles and dark spots from neck?

Query: Hi doctor, I have these dark spots and wrinkles behind my neck. I am a little chubby but what should I do to remove them? It does not burn or anything. I have had KT for more than two years. Is there a way to remove the wrinkles and the dark spots?  Read Full »

I am bitten by something and the area looks red. How can I be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, Three days ago, I think I was bitten by something in my sleep. It does not seem to subside on its own so I am not sure what to do. The area looks red and is kind of warm. It feels like a bruise. I do not have any fever or weakness. I feel like this is something serious but I am not su...  Read Full »