Q. Please help with my delayed conception.

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
Published on Nov 21, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 29, 2018

My age is 34 and I have regular period. I am trying to conceive for the last four months. My period bleeding is only for three or four days. Please help me.

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I suggest you Folic acid supplements and Iron supplements. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.Send me details of your cycle, so that I can guide you with fertile period. Get your complete blood count and thyroid profile done. Also get a pelvic scan done. If required, we will get your husband's semen analysis done later once your test reports are satisfactory.

Revert back with the reports to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

My period cycle of the last five months are 20th, 15th, 9th, 9th and 3rd. My hemoglobin count is 12.3. I do not have a thyroid problem and have done full abdomen scan. All reports are normal.

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Please get your husband's semen analysis done. Also, get a FSH and LH levels done. These tests will definitely help us know if your follicular studies are normal. Your fertile period will be from day 10 of your cycle taking into account the day your period starts as day 1. You can try for pregnancy from day 10 to day 22 every alternate day. Ask your husband to avoid smoking and alcohol till you conceive, as they hinder conception. You can continue with Folic acid and Iron supplements. Take plenty of fluids, fruits, vegetables, fiber-rich diet and maintain personal hygiene.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

How much Folic acid is required during pregnancy in Crohn's patient?

Query: Hello doctor, I have Crohn's disease and am pregnant. The first day of my last period was before 40 days and I have been taking multivitamins which includes 400 micrograms of Folic acid for the past four months. I am now pregnant. The doctor said that I need 5 mg of Folic acid due to the Crohns whi...  Read Full »

Should I avoid folic acid during MTHFR pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 5 weeks pregnant and I have MTHFR and PAI mutations. My doctor recommended me to take Folic acid. I read it should be avoided during MTHFR pregnancies. Along with that I am on Prozac and Euthyrox. What do you think? What should I do? Please help.  Read Full »

Do I need vitamin D and iron supplement?

Query: Hi doctor, My 25-OH vitamin D total CLIA test showed result of 13.36 ng/mL. What supplement should I start and for how long? Also my iron is 41.2. Do I need a supplement?  Read Full »