Q. I do not like my job and forced to stay. What to do?

This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 16, 2016 and last reviewed on: Aug 21, 2020

I have just completed my three months of training in my job, which is far away from my home. Now, I am alone in my hostel as my roommates have already vacated. I personally had frequent mood swings during the office time and the rest of the day. I am just losing my confidence. I chose IT because I got selected in it and moreover for prestige. Later, I find myself missing somewhere, losing hope and without interest. By now, I have decided to quit my job and I want to go other job where I could use my own skill and interest. But, a few people, including my mom do not like me quitting. I am mentally frustrated now by my decision and my mom's concern. I even marked as an unstable decision maker by two of my batchmates. To be frank, I want to grow with my effort and I love taking risks. I lost the interest here to observe and implement. There is no time to enjoy my own time, being surrounded by concrete buildings. I was forced to do the assignment just because I have entered that field. I am pretending to be fine all the time.

During my first 10 days of training, I expressed myself easily with my skills and I was into active member auditions. But, my interest level gradually got faded when I got into the real technical training. My mom does not like me to quit the job, but she is not revealing it. So, now I am in a critical situation to make wise decision. What to do?

#

I have gone through the provided details and understood your concerns.

• Although I am no one to decide your work, but there is a clear evidence that soft skill training and option for career in soft skills is just an excuse to run away from the harsh realities of IT sector, which sometimes becomes difficult to cope.
  • I think you should consult a mental health professional for proper counseling and treatment.
  • I must assure you that with right intervention you will be able to find the right path of your career by yourself.

For further information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|