Q. Why is there inability to walk or move after a stroke?

Answered by Dr. Sudheer Ambekar and medically reviewed by Dr. Divya Banu M

Do you have a question on Difficulty In Walking or Stroke? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Why is there inability to walk or move after a stroke?

My mother is not able to walk properly and she cannot move properly. She met with ischemic stroke eight years back and she is diabetic and has BP, and seizures (epilepsy) treated with Insulin, and BP suppressants, Atorvastatin, Levetiracetam, Phenytoin (Eptoin) since seven years, but she is not able to walk properly and she is not able to move her hands and legs properly. Her thinking and behavior have also become very mild. Please suggest me the correct medication for her.