Walking

Why do I feel dizzy after taking Ibuprofen?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 18 year old female, and I weigh 135 lbs and 5.4 feet tall. I take birth control pills every night, along with two 500 mcg Biotin and two 500 mg cranberry pills. Tonight, I had a headache, so I accidentally took two 800 mg Ibuprofen tablets without thinking about it. I feel extremel...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? You do not need to worry about any of these symptoms. Let me explain. Biotin and Cranberry are health supplements, they do not affect the body adversely. Birth control pills, regularize the hormonal status in the body. So, they have no effect too. But f...  Read Full »

Which disease can cause a child to suddenly lose the ability to walk?

Query: Dear doctor, My father-in-law had a son. He grew up like a normal child till the age of around 10 to 12 years. Suddenly, he was diseased and he was not able to walk properly and after some days, he completely lost power in both the legs and permanently lost his ability to walk. Could you tell me wh...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Kishore

Paediatrician, Paediatric Surgeon, General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is likely that he could be suffering from one of the types of muscular dystrophy. It is most of the time, X-chromosome linked. Usually, the male children get affected and the females are carriers. For further queries, post a detailed history and ask a doctor online...  Read Full »

What are the causes and treatment of liver enlargement?

Query: Hello doctor, I have attached all my reports. Please let me know how Embeta-AM will help me improve my health. Will there be any side effects? The recent medications which I have used are, Maxoza from last four months, one sachet daily and Fluconazole 200 mg, two tablets in the last two weeks. Infl...  Read Full »

Dr. Kusumakar Srivastava

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through all your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is a problem in the complete lipid profile, which is due to increased weight. So, I will advise you to go for a regular brisk walking for 1 hour every day, at least 6 days a we...  Read Full »

Will dancing help me to gain a good height?

Query: Hi doctor, What can I do to increase my height? Does dancing help in increasing height?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. To increase your height, you should eat a healthy diet and more fruits. It is advisable to do regular exercise like cycling, walking and running. Dancing does not help much in increasing height. You have a young age, and your height will increase gradually. If there is ...  Read Full »

Why do I get frequent pricking type of pain around the left upper chest area?

Query: Hello doctor, I frequently get a pricking type of pain on the left side, around the upper chest area, particularly behind the arm pit area. And sometimes behind the shoulder blades and in the chest area adjacent to the nipple. I have done TMT, ECG, and echocardiogram tests, and they are all normal. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shobhit Shah

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your vitamin D is on the lower side, so your present problem of pricking pain can be due to this. You may need lifestyle modifications for deranged lipid profile. Do brisk walking for at least...  Read Full »

My PP blood sugar level remains in the range of 150 to 176. How to reduce it?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 65 year old male. Before 12 years, I went for my first master checkup without symptoms. The result showed high 2 hours PPBG while FBG and A1c are normal. The consultant physician advised me to eat less at a time and increase the number of feeds in a day and encouraged me to check ...  Read Full »

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar

Diabetologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. On going through the details provided, it is clear that you are in a prediabetes situation. Following are the criteria for diagnosing diabetes: Normal: Fasting blood glucose (FBG) 70 to 110 mg, PP less than 140 mg and HbA1c% less than 5.9. Prediabetes: FBG 108 to...  Read Full »

Please suggest natural ways to shrink an ovarian cyst.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a 6 cm cyst in my left ovary. From the last one week, I am taking Kalachi Kai as I read that it helps shrink the cyst. An 18 cm cyst was removed through a laparoscopic treatment two years ago. Please tell me how to get rid of the cyst as well as prevent new ones.  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query. For an ovarian cyst along with Kalachi Kai, start taking the following medicines: Tablet Kanchnar Guggul, two tablets twice a day with lukewarm water after food for four weeks. Do not swallow this tablet. First, chew it and then take lukewarm water. ...  Read Full »

I am not getting proper erection. Please advise some ayurveda medicine.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 53 years old male. I am taking hypertensive medications for the past 19 years. I am taking Telma 20 mg and Prolomet 15 mg in the morning. I am taking Aztor 5 mg during the night before bed. I am not getting a proper erection for the past two months. I want to reduce my obesity. Plea...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your blood glucose level is in a higher range. Try to control your sugar servings in the meal. Your vitamin B12 is in a lower range, so add fish, egg, milk and fortified products for it...  Read Full »

I am HLA-B27 positive with vitamin D deficiency and back pain. Will it affect my marriage life?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old female. I got married recently. I am HLA-B27 positive patient with vitamin D deficiency (less than 8%). These days, I am suffering from severe back and shoulder pain. Sometimes, there is a hip joint pain, and I am not able to sleep at night. Rarely, the pain remains...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms do match spondyloarthropathy. It is a sort of arthritis, usually common in males but 10% of the females can get affected. The severity is not so much in women, though. Secondly, painkillers (I am not sure which you are taking) are a good drug to stop the d...  Read Full »

After urinating, I feel some amount of urine is retained in my penis. Can I take Gokharu Kadha?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old male, and I am having frequent urination. Every time I urinate, there is some amount of urine retained in my penis, and it does not come out. It is causing discomfort, and when I sit down on the toilet, then 1 to 2 drops of urine comes out, but it still does not co...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. As you have a problem with urination and all your investigations are normal, then you might have weak pelvic muscles. To strengthen the pelvic muscles, I suggest you try doing the following. Do Kegel exercises regularly. Learn these exercises ...  Read Full »