Q. Is there a chance of HIV transmission through contaminated waxes used in parlor?

Answered by Dr. Kiran Anaparthi and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Disease Transmission or Hiv? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I went to a parlor for upper lip and chin waxing. I am scared if the wax was contaminated by a person before me and if he or she bled and had an infection like HIV. The person double dipped, and I do not know that on how many people the wax was used? And what issues they might have had?