Welcome to icliniq.com.
How are you doing? The following history will be helpful to give a proper opinion:
- What is her FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) level?
- Is she trying to conceive?
- Is she having any menopausal symptoms?
- Progyluton is just the combination of estrogen and progesterone hormone, and this will only help your sister to have a normal hormonal balance in the body, and thereby regulate the periods. As she is 30 years old, this medicine will give relief from menopausal symptoms. If that is what she is expecting, then this is a good HRT (hormone replacement therapy).
- As this pill is nothing but a combination of the female hormones normally released by the female body every month, it has no side effects and can be taken for any number of years.
- FSH going into menopausal levels means it is more than 7 mIU/mL or even above 12 mIU/mL. This is a definite indication that her stock of eggs in the ovaries are getting exhausted or are already over. So, symptomatic treatment with the pill is good.
But, if she wants to get pregnant, then the prognosis is not good. God has sent every lady with a fixed number of eggs, once they get over, no more eggs can be made with any medication. If FSH is very high and pregnancy is the need, IVF (in vitro fertilization) with donor eggs are the best and the clearest option.
Hope I have clarified your query, do write back. All the best.
For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist