Q. Is my 30 year old sister going through early menopause?

My 30 year old sister recently tested her FSH levels, and the test result showed that she is going through early menopause. So, the doctor gave her Progyluton. Please give us your opinion.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

How are you doing? The following history will be helpful to give a proper opinion:

1. What is her FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) level?
  2. Is she trying to conceive?
  3. Is she having any menopausal symptoms?
  • Progyluton is just the combination of estrogen and progesterone hormone, and this will only help your sister to have a normal hormonal balance in the body, and thereby regulate the periods. As she is 30 years old, this medicine will give relief from menopausal symptoms. If that is what she is expecting, then this is a good HRT (hormone replacement therapy).
  • As this pill is nothing but a combination of the female hormones normally released by the female body every month, it has no side effects and can be taken for any number of years.
  • FSH going into menopausal levels means it is more than 7 mIU/mL or even above 12 mIU/mL. This is a definite indication that her stock of eggs in the ovaries are getting exhausted or are already over. So, symptomatic treatment with the pill is good.

But, if she wants to get pregnant, then the prognosis is not good. God has sent every lady with a fixed number of eggs, once they get over, no more eggs can be made with any medication. If FSH is very high and pregnancy is the need, IVF (in vitro fertilization) with donor eggs are the best and the clearest option.

Hope I have clarified your query, do write back. All the best.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Are these symptoms of a menopause?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 years old. Last year, I had a cyst on my ovary and I had to undergo an operation to remove it. The doctors ended up removing both my ovaries. I was told to take Microgynon to balance my hormones. I have been very forgetful with my intake of the tablet for the whole year and h...  Read Full »

I am nearing menopause and periods have become irregular. How to manage?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 48 years old. I have been experiencing irregular periods, which I realize as normal as I am entering menopause age. Last month, I did not get my period. But, this month it has been a heavy and lengthy one for more than 17 days now. I felt the normal fatigue and today, I have been fe...  Read Full »

Is there any cure for adenomyosis in Siddha?

Query: Hello doctor,Any cure for adenomyosis in Siddha? I am 37 and had two miscarriages and two ectopic. Only left tube is available and both the ovaries are normal. I am suffering from adenomyosis. Please advise Siddha medicine.  Read Full »