Q. What is the recommended way to wean off HGH during pregnancy?

I am 38 years old and I have been taking HGH and Anavar for six months for my training and weightlifting. I am also single and had no plans for ever getting pregnant but I am now 5 weeks pregnant and do not know a safe way to get off the GH. I was taking 4 IU a day. I am not sure if it contributed to me getting pregnant as previously I have had two miscarriages and an ectopic pregnancy when I was married (two years ago). I have stopped the Anavar as soon as I found out. What is the best way to come off GH? Shall I just stop or do I need to wean off of it? I am worried if I just stop my body would not produce for a while and it will cause pregnancy at a risk to survive.

#

Congratulations on your pregnancy and on having escaped literally in the nick of time from the potential risks of Anavar. Anavar contains Oxandrolone, which is a male hormone derivative, if taken inadvertently during pregnancy, then it causes virilization (masculinization) of the female fetus. It takes a few days to metabolize form the body, so I recommend you to stop both with immediate effect and start on folic acid supplementation sooner.

The gestation is only 5 weeks as on date and the fetal pole has not yet arrived. If you do not stop, then there are high chances of you getting an anembryonic pregnancy which is pregnancy without a fetal pole or a chemical pregnancy which can be confirmed only after two weeks with a scan to check if fetal heart rate has arrived or not. It would confirm if the pregnancy is viable or not. If no heartbeat, then there are chances that it may have been affected by the effects of Anavar and HGH (high growth hormones) and hence non-viable. Avoid exposure to any teratogen during the length of the pregnancy.

I will stop it straight away. Also, I workout and train every day my whole life. I know the obvious things to stop like crunches, etc., but I read a lot that should not overheat. So does this mean I should not sweat? For me naturally the body temperature goes up when I train. I am keeping my heart rate under 150 bpm.

#

Avoid any form of exercise right now, as exertion may lead to possibly increased chances of threatened miscarriage.

|